Staff Solutions Engineer
What does a great Staff Solutions Engineer – Web do?
Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives one transaction at a time. The Staff Solutions Engineer will own one, or more, of the web services; add new features, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve code base.
As a Staff Solutions Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Identifying technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Taking ownership of new products/features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Writing automated tests for new web features and update existing tests as needed
- Collaborating with Server Application Engineers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed
- Working with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participating in a regular on call rotation
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding web build systems - Webpack, Gulp, Grunt etc.
- Strong understanding of web application architecture
- Extensive experience with API integration and best practices - REST, GraphQL ext.
- Experience with web deployment constructs - CDN, NGINX, URL Rewriting, Web Config Management
- Detailed knowledge of general web concepts: HTTP, CORS, Security Headers, Browser Caching
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging ability
- Knowledge/experience with web ADA compliance (ARIA, keyboard nav, screen-readers)
- Experience with backend technologies and databases - Java, Mysql etc.
- Experience working with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc.
- Experience supporting high-traffic web applications.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.