Staff Engineer, Back End Developer- DeviceOS and Platform Services team
Calling all innovators - find your future at Fiserv.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments, and we move money and information in a way that moves the world. We connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another millions of times a day - quickly, reliably, and securely. Any time you swipe your credit card, pay through a mobile app, or withdraw money from the bank, we're involved. If you want to make an impact on a global scale, come make a difference at Fiserv.
Job TitleStaff Engineer, Back End Developer- DeviceOS and Platform Services team
About the Team
● The DeviceOS team at Clover owns all the platform software running on a Clover device and also
supports mass manufacturing software.
● As a Staff Engineer, Back End Developer in the DeviceOS and Platform Services team, you will
serve as a key player who will drive and communicate our vision and deliver high-quality support
products to our end users. If you are a highly energized, self-sufficient, disciplined professional
with a strong passion for technology to work in an agile team of like-minded highly skilled and
talented individuals, please apply today!
What you will do:
● Design and implement services (REST) that support foundational services for Clover cloud-based
point-of-sale terminals, including device-specific update delivery, telemetry, and release
● Identify solution requirements, scope and formulate suitable solutions, translate product
requirements into functional, maintainable, and extensible software, document, and deploy
● Investigate reported issues and help coordinate responses and implement fixes, if applicable
● Learn, document, and contribute/share knowledge with others at Clover
● Participate in the monolith to microservice transformation.
● Owning services and features from development through deployment and production
● Participating in a regular on call rotation
***This position requires - 4 days in office with an option to work Friday from home. First 90 days
you'll be expected in office all 5 days.
*** Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to provide
employer sponsorship or take over sponsorship of an employer sponsored visa at this time.
What you will need to have:
● 7+ years of software development experience
● 4+ years of proven server-side development in Java
● Experience in back-end server development, database and cloud technologies
● Experience with Springboot and microservice development environment
● Familiarity with Kubernetes and related technologies
● General understanding of security protocols, encryption/decryption technologies, PKI,
What would be great to have:
● Excellent teamwork and communication skills
● Experience in mentoring and providing technical guidance to junior engineers
Salary Range$128,800.00 - $219,000.00
These pay ranges apply to employees in New York and California. Pay ranges for employees in other states may differ.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
What you should know about us:
Fiserv is a global fintech leader with 40,000-plus (and growing) associates proudly serving clients in more than 100 countries. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a top scorer on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce that reflects our world. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Warning about fake job posts:
Please be aware of fraudulent job postings that are not affiliated with Fiserv. Fraudulent job postings may be used by cyber criminals to target your personally identifiable information and/or to steal money or financial information.
Any communications from a Fiserv representative will come from a legitimate business email address. We will not hire through text message, social media, or email alone, and any interviews will be conducted in person or through a secure video call. We won’t ask you for sensitive information nor will we ask you to pay anything during the hiring process. We also won’t send you a check to cash on Fiserv’s behalf.
If you see suspicious activity or believe that you have been the victim of a job posting scam, you should report it to your local FBI field office or to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center.