Sr Software Engineer iOS
What does a great Senior iOS Engineer do?
On a daily basis, an iOS engineer working on Clover GO will spend 10% of the time reviewing designs of new features, 60% of the time developing features, 20% of the time investigating/reproducing/resolving bugs, and about 10% of the time creating tests and helpful documentation. We are interested in hiring flexible engineers who are not afraid to be involved in product discussions and interactions with cross functional teams.
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Owning one, or more, of the Clover applications; adding new features, resolving bugs, and refactoring/ improving code base.
- Identifying technical requirements in product meetings and assisting the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translating product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives.
- Implementing new Clover applications as needed; taking ownership of the new product from development through deployment and production monitoring.
- Collaborating with Server Application Engineers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed.
- Working with QA to develop test plans/strategies.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Practical knowledge on iOS architecture
- A clear understanding of the Human Interface Guidelines and a strong grasp on UX patterns
- 3+ years of experience working on mobile applications on iOS with Swift
- Good skills in team communication and collaboration
- Familiar with architecture patterns such as MVVM / VIPER etc. and their uses
- Knowledge of iOS memory management and protocol-oriented programming
- Experience building and testing large-scale iOS apps and/or codebases
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Knowledge of CI/CD automation
- Experience with modern programming principles, design patterns like MVVM and VIPER and development tools.
- Experience with analytics
- Experience with Reactive programming
- Thorough knowledge of testing principals (including unit, and XCUITest)
Who We Are:
Every day, Clover devices and apps handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants’ customers. To support all of this, we have a team of engineers dedicated to ensuring our systems remain operational, safe and secure. In the coming year the Clover Go mobile app is expanding services to more international markets. We’re integrating with new payment devices and platforms and driving the requirement for key services within the Clover engineering ecosystem. We plan to further grow our semi-integrated partnerships, expand services to deal with multi-site and enterprise merchant management, and ramp up existing services for global expansion.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disavility/Vet.