Sr Product Manager - Developer Platform
Clover was founded to deliver more to the small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs)
that desperately need easy-to-use software and beautifully designed hardware. Our
open-source Point of Sale system fosters a seamless merchant-customer interaction,
creates an exceptional customer experience, and allows merchants to run their
businesses at maximum efficiency.
What team and role will you be joining?
Clover’s product team is responsible for developing and executing on a strategy that
achieves the company’s various SMB goals. We do this through intimately
understanding the needs and desires of our merchants, developers and channels,
ideating differentiated product experiences and delivering value using a battle tested
product development framework.
As a product manager at Clover, you will contribute to the end to end management of
Clover’s developer platform that addresses 3rd-party developer tools and resources
across global markets. You will manage the Developer Platform roadmap and use this
responsibility to ensure Clover and our 3rd-party developers & integrators have their
needs met and are able to achieve their respective goals. These developers build
apps/integrations that generate revenue via our App Market, extend our platform
capabilities to niche verticals and improve the overall merchant experience on our
platform. Differentiating the product in a highly competitive market will constantly be on
You will be on a cross-functional team consisting of software, hardware and payments
engineers, QE, UX and content designers, developer advocates, user researchers and
product managers who are all focused on improving the developer & merchant
experience and bringing the product person’s vision to life.
How will you spend your time?
You will spend 30% of your time meeting with and learning from merchants and
partners, 20% of your time prioritizing and maintaining the backlog, 10% of your time
working with QE investigating / reproducing / reporting bugs, 20% of your time studying
market dynamics, 10% of your time presenting our progress and building excitement
about Clover’s vision and 10% of your time coordinating product releases with release
One of the reasons Clover has disrupted the point of sale market is because of the
collaborative work we do in product management. You will be part of a team excited
about the future and building products that improve the lives and profitability of our
developers & merchants. We are relentlessly focused on user satisfaction.
What traits do you bring to the product manager role?
You’re a good listener and “empathy” is one of the qualities you use to describe your
personality. You form actionable opinions from many inputs to help unblock the team,
build new products and achieve our goals. Storytelling comes naturally to you and gives
colleagues a new perspective that compels others to listen-in.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, understand that constant attention to
detail leads to success and you’re rarely satisfied with the status quo. You look forward
to getting the team aligned with Clover’s goals and clearly communicating progress with
various internal and external stakeholders.
Product Manager Responsibilities:
● Drive the end to end product development lifecycle for Clover’s developer
○ Define a vision, goals and roadmap for 3rd-party developers and
○ Review and prioritize the developer platform backlog
○ Update the roadmap to reflect new learnings from user research and user
○ Define user requirements
○ Communicate requirements with design, engineering and developer
○ Attend sprint planning and discuss requirements with engineering & QE
○ Establish product quality guidelines with QE
○ Collaborate with technical writers and content design team on release
notes and help content
○ Coordinate releases with release management team
○ Promote new product value through collaboration with product marketing
● Build business cases (including opportunity sizing and financial analysis) to
define, evaluate and prioritize competing opportunities
● Communicate rationale, prioritization and development status with product,
engineering and other cross-functional stakeholders
● Evangelize Clover’s values and products to the broader internal team Clover’s
● Be part of an agile cross-functional product, engineering and QE team to create a
best-in-class products and product experiences
● 5+ years in consulting, product management, product marketing, quality
assurance / quality engineering or sales engineering
● Plus if you have experience in developer portals, APIs, SDKs
● BA/BS degree required
● Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
● Comfort presenting to internal and external stakeholders
● Proven track record of using data to influence requirements, design and
● Strong project management skills, including the ability to think and lead complex
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take
initiative and build strong, productive relationships
● Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills
Bonus Point Experience:
● Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
● Experience in Payments, FinTech or and Platform as a Service industries
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.