Sr. Java Engineer (Server)
Our Server Engineers (Developer Platform squad) are tasked with improving our platform and products. Our developer portal for developers is there to integrate with our platform via SDK or Rest APIs for set up, configuration and release of apps to Clover merchants. Our engineers work closely with the Infrastructure Team, Product Team, and Design Teams. They are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where application features and server improvements are released every other week and bug-fixes are deployed as needed. You will spend your time developing new features, investigating, reproducing, resolving bugs, testing, and creating technical documentation.
As a Senior Server Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Design and implement REST APIs for our developer dashboard product and customers
- Support 3rd party developers on technical integration with our APIs.
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives.
- Own your merchant & developer services /features from development through deployment and production monitoring.
- Work with the Infrastructure Team to design data models to support large-scale highly available services.
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies,
- Participate in a regular on call rotation.
- Flexible and motivated to learn new technologies.
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Batchelor’s Degree required
- 5 years experience in software development
- Experience working on server applications and writing service
- Experience in Java development
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases
- Experience with API design
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Experience with microservices, preferably Spring Boot
- Exposure to React and web programming
- Experience with a cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud
- Python scripting
- Knowledge and experience using ELK stack
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.