Sr. Core Payment QA Engineer
What does a great Sr. Core Payment QA Engineer do?
- Execute integration, system, feature interaction, stress, performance testing for different Clover products.
- Analyze and understand product requirements to enable software test case creation by participating in requirement gathering & analysis.
- Create and evaluate test cases for accuracy and applicability for products under test.
- Communicate testing progress through creating and maintaining test plans.
- Provide the Squad and all stakeholders with clear and real-time updates regarding test status, bug status, and overall quality about the product by monitoring failures, reporting bugs, analyzing & triaging automated tests running in the Continuous Integration system.
- Find bugs and validate specifications through black box testing techniques (like test matrices, combination testing, and risk analysis) and gray box testing techniques (like database querying and source code analysis).
- Work side-by-side with the development team on testing in parallel and automating tests in the sprints.
- Develop automated tests with the appropriate technologies. Currently, we are using “UI Automator”(Java) for Android apps. SDET’s will spend most of the time automating test scenarios for android apps.
- Design and implement tools that improve efficiency in manual testing.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably computer science or engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in black box, functional, and user flow testing technique. Have an eagle-eye for test coverage gaps, false positives or negatives. Constantly raise concerns about issues you notice, in or out of your area of ownership.
- Have worked on Android platform and have a very good understanding of the mobile test automation ecosystem.
- Have the ability to write and understand code preferably in Java for Android mobile platform.
- Experience with software development tools (IDE, debugger, git, JIRA, etc).
- Basic shell scripting skills (commands like grep, cut, sed, sort, wget, etc.)
- Familiarity with JSON objects, SQL queries, data structures, Android tools (ADB, DDMS, Monkey, Memory Analyzer, etc.), log file analysis, etc.
- Have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in writing reliable and maintainable automated tests.
- Love’s to build tools that will enable the engineering team to write tests more easily.
- Constantly looking for better solutions to bring down automation flakiness and increase automation reliability over time.
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test our products.
- Constantly thinking ahead and building for future changes in an ever-changing mobile ecosystem.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
- Experience with Continuous Integration process and tools (Github, Jira, Jenkins)
- Payment industry experience - EMVCo, PCI, EMV Contactless specifications.
- Previous experience working with payment terminals.
- Able to champion quality practices within a team or within the organization
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.