Sr Backend Software Engineer
What does a great Senior Backend Software Engineer do?
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering team building applications that transform the way merchants run and manage their business. As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label printers and barcode scanners.
This position is in Clover's Merchant Lifecycle Engineering organization. We are responsible for all phases of merchant lifecycle, including new merchant on-boarding, merchant experience configuration, and merchant equipment provisioning. Much of our work involves integrating with other systems via network APIs.
As a Senior Engineer, you can look forward to contributing to all aspects of project development and delivery with specific focus on the development of new features and enhancements to support global on-boarding of new merchants.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 5+ years of experience with server-side programming in Java (Java 8 or later)
• Experience with MySQL and JDBC
• Experience developing REST web services, and understanding of client tools such as Postman and cURL
• Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot
• Familiarity with Linux / Unix environments
• Experience with Java test frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG
• Experience architecting microservice-based systems
• Experience leading teams of developers and demonstrated success delivering complex systems into production
• Experience operating and supporting critical business applications
• Ability to see the "big picture" and coordinate with other teams to deliver benefits beyond your own organization, while continuing to deliver on your responsibilities and commitments
• Ability to work with cross functional teams to gather and define requirements, and translate them into functional and maintainable software
• Ability to work with distributed teams; flexibility to work across time zones
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Bachelor's degree or advance degree Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with JPA, such as Hibernate.
• Experience with Spring Boot and/or similar Java-based frameworks
• Experience with TLS and certificate management in Java (SSL)
• Git version control
Who We Are:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.