Software Development Engineering - Sr Professional II
What does an exceptional Java Server Engineer do?
As a Senior Java Server Engineer, you will be a part of a small but growing team of hardworking people responsible for creating and maintaining distributed applications and data pipelines that power a suite of cutting edge merchant facing analytical web applications in a fast-paced results-oriented environment. Our Server Engineers work closely with the technical operations and Product Teams. Our engineers are pragmatic in balancing priorities, enjoy working in an interactive model where application features and server improvements are released every other week. We are seeking flexible hands-on engineers who are not afraid to be involved in product discussions, work with multiple parts of the stack and own their services end to end.
As a Java Infrastructure Engineer, you can look forward to:
● Collaborate with partner teams to build and support state of the art data streams, pipelines and microservices.
● Scale systems sustainably and evolve them by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
● Developing cloud hosted services and features to translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives.
● Being responsible for your merchant-facing services/features from development through deployment and production monitoring.
● Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
● Writing well documented, testable, modular and maintainable code.
● Being a team player with an ability to collaborate well with all stakeholders.
● Partnering with the technical operation team to write configuration and infrastructure as code to deploy large-scale highly available services.
● Writing useful automated unit and integration tests where possible, working with QA to develop test plans and strategies as needed.
● Being a highly motivated “self-starter” who is passionate about software development and is curious to learn new technologies.
● Putting on a detective hat to debug production issues and help Clover merchants as part of a regular on-call rotation.
● Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Sprint boards.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● 5+ years of Java development experience
● 4+ years of experience with MySQL or similar relational databases
● Experience with REST API design and development
● Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as Scrum.
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
● Experience with microservices, preferably Spring Boot
● Experience writing efficient SQL queries including multi-table joins, experience with JDBC
● Experience with eventing technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, AWS Kinesis, ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ, Google Pub/Sub, AWS SQS or similar.
● Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
● Experience with a cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud
● Python scripting experience
● Data warehouse experience (Snowflake preferred)
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the " big guys." At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.