Server Staff Engineer
What does an exceptional Server Staff Engineer do? We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering team building applications that transform the way merchants run and manage their business.
You will play a critical role in planning and producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label printers and barcode scanners. This position is in Clover's Point of Sale / Consumer zone. We are responsible for building software solutions that allow our merchants to provide their customers with online ordering, loyalty, feedback, and promotion capabilities.
As an Server Staff Engineer on our Point of Sale / Consumer team, your squad will be delivering a microservice-based architecture to allow distributed engineering teams to develop and deploy consumer facing solutions around the world. As an Architect, you can look forward to: In this role you will contribute to all aspects of project development and delivery with specific focus on the development of new features and enhancements to support integration of Fiserv systems to facilitate opening new channels of business. You will be required to perform production support as part of a regular on-call rotation.
• Experience with server-side programming in Java (Java 8 or later)
• Experience with MySQL and JDBC; experience with JPA, such as Hibernate, is a plus
• Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot
• Experience developing REST web services, and understanding of client tools such as Postman and cURL
• Familiarity with Linux / Unix environments
• Experience with TLS and certificate management in Java (SSL)
• Experience with Java test frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG
• Git version control
Basic Qualifications for Consideration: • 8+ years of experience with Java and Object-Oriented Programming
• Experience architecting microservice-based systems
• Experience leading teams of developers and demonstrated success delivering complex systems into production
• Experience operating and supporting critical business applications
• Ability to see the "big picture" and coordinate with other teams to deliver benefits beyond your own organization, while continuing to deliver on your responsibilities and commitments
• Ability to work with cross functional teams to gather and define requirements, and translate them into functional and maintainable software
• Ability to work with distributed teams; flexibility to work across time zones
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to details