Senior Software Development Test Engineer
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering team building applications that transform the way merchants run and manage their business. As a Senior SDET, you will play a critical role in producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label printers and barcode scanners.
As a Senior Software Development Test Engineer you will:
Validating Code Quality
- Identify and raise awareness of inconsistencies in specifications and implementation.
- Participate in code reviews to find opportunities to ensure compliance with corporate guidelines and improve the quality of the team’s output.
- Problem Solving
- Identify the root cause of problems; identify and implement solutions to these. Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability for the team. Tackle problems in a manner which is re-usable and applicable across multiple projects.
- Creating and evaluating test cases for accuracy and applicability for products under test
- Performing consumer experience testing of products
- Executing test cases efficiently across all functional areas of Android and web-based products
- Communicating testing progress through creating and maintaining test plans
- Finding bugs and validate specifications through black box testing techniques (like test matrices, combination testing, and risk analysis) and gray box testing techniques (like database querying and source code analysis)
- Working outside of application testing, including into any one of the following areas: automation, platform, and internationalization and localization.
- Writing functional, integration, and customer workflows (end-to-end) automation to validate product functionality and integration with dependencies.
- Developing, updating, and executing software test plans, automated frameworks and programs.
- Planning and carrying out performance, load, and stress tests.
- Implementing, executing, and debugging automated test scripts using various technology and tools.
- Demonstrating proficiency in writing technical documentation.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience required.
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance and/or Software Development experience.
- Experience in managing test plans, test results and running go-go meetings
- Experience in defining best practices for quality assurance process and KPIs
- Experience in testing Android and Web based applications
- Experience writing automated test scripts in Java script, java, Appium, Selenium, or UI Automator.
- Experience in programming or scripting languages like. (Java, Python, etc)
- Experience testing REST API calls.
- Experience in writing advanced level SQL queries.
- Strong understanding of REST/HTTP/SOAP and JSON.
- Experienced with Windows and Linux
- Experience in using different defect tracking tools (JIRA) , MySQL/Oracle , jenkins, Git
- Ability to set up test environments and test beds.
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Industry Certifications in Quality Assurance, Agile Scrum, or Public Cloud.
- Previous experience as QA /Tech Lead or People Leadership to include mentoring, professional development, and performance coaching.
- Experience in working with Android and IOS devices
- Experience testing developing for Android USB peripheral integrations.
- Experience with Android SDK performance tools such Android Studio.
- Testing Mobile, Tablet, and/or Handheld Device iOS/Android Development.
- Strong understanding of software/testing methodologies such as TDD, data-driven testing.
- Experience working with e-commerce, shopping cart, or payment service gateways.
- Experience with mobile payments and architecture, including, NFC, TSMs, OTA, secure elements, contactless payments, online/remote payments, QR Codes, cloud-based payments and chip cards (contact and contactless)
- Exposure to POS Hardware and/or Payment Software.
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.