Senior SDET Engineer (Payments)
What does an exceptional Senior SDET Engineer (Payments) do?
- Design develop and implement automation quality assurance strategies and processes for our payments products
- Drive standard methodologies for test automation, test execution, and test management.
- Implement automation first strategy. Maintain, expand, and improve our automated testing framework for POS devices, web services & web UI.
As a Senior SDET Engineer (Payments), you can look forward to:
- Working with the product & development team to prioritize and identify bugs, collaborate with the team and develop a comprehensive testing plan.
- Performing product releases testing support.
- Staying up to date with new testing tools and test strategies and improve efficiency.
- Working with remote teams and stakeholders to deliver product initiatives.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree required, related Technology degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years demonstrated ability in a Software QA role in SaaS or consumer internet space.
- Ability to build test plans, define testing strategies, and identify high risk areas.
- Experience with Selenium, Cypress or other UI automation frameworks
- Experience with RESTful API testing automation using tools such as Karate, SOAPUI, Rest Assured or any other tool
- Experience with devt or automation testing Python, Java or another object-oriented programming language.
- Experience with SQL and any other databases
- Programming in a Linux/Unix environment; running scripts/commands, not really deep programming
- Experience with Continuous Integration process and tools (Github, Jira, Jenkins) or other integration process and tools
- Strong communication and team skills
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
- Experience with load and performance testing
- Experience with Java script or other front-end technologies
- Experience in testing Payment applications or eCommerce Solutions is a big plus.
- Able to champion quality practices within a team or within the organization
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.