Product Designer II
Clover is looking for a holistically-minded Product Designer to join our Transactions Design team. This team is responsible for designing the heart of the Clover experience: the interactions between merchants and their customers. This includes our merchant point of sale experiences as well as consumer payment experiences and mobile app.
In this role, you’ll solve real-world challenges faced by a diverse set of user types and needs, ranging from Michelin-starred restaurants to contractors on-the-go.
In our highly collaborative team-based approach, you’ll apply your expertise alongside colleagues to research, create, test, and iterate ideas from the whiteboard to finished product experiences.
We’re looking for:
Experience. You have a portfolio of elegant design that marries form and function. Iterations on your own work, based on user research and analytics, are a must.
Collaboration. You know that the best things are made together. You’re not just open to feedback from your colleagues, you actively seek it out.
Communication. You can articulate the reasons behind your process and your decisions, in words and pictures.
Flexibility. You know that the best design is the one that gets used. You’re adept at navigating constraints and stakeholders to adapt the ideal solution into the practical one.
Curiosity. You bring a broad range of research, ideation, and prototyping methods to the table, and a desire to learn new approaches from your colleagues. If you don’t know something, you’re willing to find out.
Integrity. You do this work because you love it. Good design determines how products feel and how they work, and you’ll go the extra mile to get it right.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 3+ years experience designing digital experiences in a fast-moving, cross-functional design and development team.
• Familiarity with a range of design methods, from lightweight research, user journey mapping, prototyping, wireframes, and visual design.
• A refined sensibility for creating usable interfaces with clear hierarchy and obvious affordances.
• Proficiency in whatever tools you use to create and communicate, and willingness to adapt to new tools.
• The confidence to stand up for your informed point of view, and the humility to adjust it with new information.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Experience designing consumer interfaces, especially in challenging contexts where user focus is transient and/or UI is limited.
• Bachelor’s degree in an applicable design discipline or a related field.
• First-hand experience working for a small businesses
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.