Product Design Manager
Product Design Manager, Merchant Tools
Clover is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to join our Merchant Tools Design team. This team is responsible for designing the services and software that enable small businesses to understand their data, manage their businesses and thrive; as well as platform tools to support our third-party developers and partners.
In this role, you’ll solve real-world challenges faced by a diverse set of user types and needs, ranging from Michelin-starred restaurants to contractors on-the-go.
In our highly collaborative team-based approach, you’ll apply your expertise alongside colleagues to research, create, test, and iterate ideas from the whiteboard to finished product experiences.
We’re looking for:
- Experience. You have a portfolio of elegant design that marries form and function. Iterations on your own work, based on user research and analytics, are a must.
- Collaboration. You know that the best things are made together. You’re not just open to feedback from your colleagues, you actively seek it out.
- Communication. You can articulate the reasons behind your process and your decisions, in words and pictures.
- Flexibility. You know that the best design is the one that gets used. You’re adept at navigating constraints and stakeholders to adapt the ideal solution into the practical one.
- Curiosity. You bring a broad range of research, ideation, and prototyping methods to the table, and a desire to learn new approaches from your colleagues. If you don’t know something, you’re willing to find out.
- Integrity. You do this work because you love it. Good design determines how products feel and how they work, and you’ll go the extra mile to get it right.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 7+ years experience designing digital experiences in a fast-moving, cross-functional design and development team.
- 2+ years experience leading design efforts to successful outcomes and mentorship of other designers."
- Familiarity with a range of design methods, from lightweight research, user journey mapping, prototyping, wireframes, and visual design.
- A refined sensibility for creating usable interfaces with clear hierarchy and obvious affordances.
- Proficiency in whatever tools you use to create and communicate, and willingness to adapt to new tools.
- The confidence to stand up for your informed point of view, and the humility to adjust it with new information.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design of new products and features, and the facility to bring peers and cross-functional stakeholders together to move projects forward.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Experience designing robust productivity or business software such as financial management or dashboard applications, data presentation and analysis tools.
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in an applicable design discipline.
- Experience with people management and design community leadership.
- First-hand experience working for a small businesses
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.