What does an exceptional POS Software Architect do?
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering team building applications that transform the way merchants run and
manage their business. As an Architect, you will play a critical role in planning and producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications
to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard
remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers,
label printers and barcode scanners.
This position is in Clover's Point of Sale / Consumer zone. We are responsible for building software solutions that allow our merchants
to provide their customers with online ordering, loyalty, feedback, and promotion capabilities. As an architect on our Point of Sale /
Consumer team, your squad will be delivering a microservice-based architecture to allow distributed engineering teams to develop and
deploy consumer facing solutions around the world. We’re looking for someone with both client side Android application development
and server side development experience.
As an Architect, you will:
- Contribute to all aspects of project development and delivery with specific focus on the development of new features and enhancements to support integration of Fiserv systems to facilitate opening new channels of business.
- Architect new features and infrastructural changes to our existing products, to meet our business needs. This includes the end-to-end system design, including data model changes, server side end point changes, and Android app architecture changes. You will be driving the modernization of our Android apps to adopt the latest platform features and design patterns where applicable.
- Drive best practices in software development, including design reviews, and code reviews.
- Mentor the other engineers on the team. You will work with the Product managers to provide estimates and clarify requirements.
- Perform production support as part of a regular on-call rotation.
You are the type of person who:
- The ability to see the "big picture" and coordinate with other teams to deliver benefits beyond your own organization, while continuing to deliver on your responsibilities and commitments
- The ability to work with cross functional teams to gather and define requirements, and translate them into functional and maintainable software
- The ability to work with distributed teams; flexibility to work across time zones
- Has strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Understands the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 12+ years of experience with designing, developing and deploying complex Android / server applications in a production environment
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Experience with Kotlin programming
- Experience using the latest Android architecture components
- Experience with server-side programming in Java (Java 8 or later)
- Experience with MySQL and JDBC; experience with JPA, such as Hibernate, is a plus
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Experience developing REST web services, and understanding of client tools such as Postman and cURΩ
- Experience leading teams of developers and demonstrated success delivering complex systems into production
- Experience operating and supporting critical business applications
- Experience building POS or Payments related applications
- Experience working with remote teams