Lead Product Designer
Lead Product Designer, Core Systems
Clover is looking for a seasoned, holistically-minded Lead Product Designer to join our Core Systems team. This role reports to the Director of Design, Core Systems.
The Core Systems team is responsible for the threads that run across Clover’s platform and throughout the merchant and customer experience—including activation, service, engagement, accessibility, and compliance.
In this role, you’ll solve real-world problems by applying your expertise in service design, visual communication, information architecture, prototyping, and end-user interface design. You’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, user researchers, content designers, and other product designers to build, test, and iterate on solutions that allow our merchants, cashiers, customers, support agents, and partners to communicate and thrive.
We’re looking for:
- Experience. You have a portfolio of sophisticated design that marries form and function. Iterations on your own work, based on user research and analytics, are a must.
- Collaboration. The best things are made together. You’re not just open to feedback from your colleagues, you actively seek it out.
- Communication. You can articulate the reasons behind your process and your decisions, in words and pictures.
- Flexibility. The best design is the one that gets used. You’re adept at navigating constraints and partners to adapt the ideal solution into the practical one.
- Curiosity. You bring a broad range of research, ideation, and prototyping methods to the table, and a desire to learn innovative approaches from your colleagues. If you don’t know something, you’re willing to find out.
- Integrity. You do this work because you love it. Good design determines how products feel and how they work, and you’ll go the extra mile to get it right.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 8+ years' experience designing digital experiences in a fast paced, cross-functional design and development team.
- 3+ years' experience leading design efforts to successful outcomes and mentorship of junior designers.
- Familiarity with a range of design methods, including lightweight research, user journey mapping, prototyping, and wireframes.
- Refined typography and beautiful, balanced compositions come naturally to you
- Proficiency in whatever tools you use to build and communicate, and willingness to adapt to new tools.
- The confidence to stand up for your informed point of view, and the humility to adjust it with new information.
- The ability to bring stakeholders together to move projects forward.
- Location: New Jersey, New York
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in an applicable design discipline.
- Experience working with small businesses and consumer applications.
- Experience with people management and design community leadership.
Who We Are:
Be a part of the company that’s redefining the way merchants do business.
We’re a team of inspired problem solvers building powerful, intuitive point-of-sale tools for small and medium businesses. Hardware that’s stylish and functional. Software that scales to any business. We’ve sold over one million Clover devices to restaurants and shops all over the world—and probably in your own neighborhood.
Clover fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applicants of any race, religion, nationality, military status, sex, orientation, gender expression, age, or disability.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.