Lead Product Designer
Clover is looking for a seasoned, holistically-minded Lead Product Designer to join our Transaction team. This role reports to the Director of Design, Transaction.
The Transaction design team is responsible for all aspects of the interaction between merchants and their customers. This includes, but not limited to, the ordering process, order fulfillment, payment, customer loyalty, and communication between merchants and their customers across all platforms (web, devices, mobile apps).
In this role, you’ll solve real-world problems by applying your expertise in service design, visual communication, information architecture, prototyping, and end-user interface design. You’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, user researchers, content designers, and other product designers to build, test, and iterate on solutions that allow our merchants, cashiers, customers, and partners to communicate and thrive.
What we’re looking for
- Experience. You have a portfolio of elegant design that marries form and function. Iterations on your own work, based on user research and analytics, are a must.
- Collaboration. You know that the best things are made together. You’re not just open to feedback from your colleagues, you actively seek it out.
- Communication. You can articulate the reasons behind your process and your decisions, in words and pictures.
- Flexibility. You’re open to feedback and actively seeking them. You work with engineers and product managers to make the experience a reality.
- Curiosity. You bring a broad range of research, ideation, and prototyping methods to the table, and a desire to learn new approaches from your colleagues. If you don’t know something, you’re willing to find out.
- Integrity. You do this work because you love it. Good design determines how products feel and how they work, and you’ll go the extra mile to get it right.
- 8+ years' experience designing digital experiences in a fast paced, cross-functional design and development team.
- 3+ years' experience leading design efforts to successful outcomes and mentorship of junior designers.
- Familiarity with a range of design methods, including lightweight research, user journey mapping, prototyping, and wireframes.
- Refined typography and beautiful, balanced compositions come naturally to you.
- Proficiency in whatever tools you use to build and communicate, and willingness to adapt to new tools.
- The confidence to stand up for your informed point of view, and the humility to adjust it with new information.
- The ability to bring stakeholders together to move projects forward.
Desired skills, experience, and education
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in an applicable design discipline.
- Experience working with small businesses and consumer applications