Lead Accessibility Engineer
Accessibility (A11Y) Engineering Team Lead
Every day Clover devices handle the core credit card and Point-Of-Sale (POS) processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants worldwide. Behind the scenes we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchant’s customers.
Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives, one transaction at a time.
What will your team do?
Part of the Clover Core Experience zone, the Accessibility Engineering team, which you will manage, will be unique within Clover engineering teams. You and your team will have the opportunity to set the benchmark for best practice in the Clover Accessibility space. You will work closely with the Clover CORE Experience Accessibility Compliance product team leads, where you and your team will have the opportunity to set the benchmark for engineering best practice in the Clover Accessibility space.
You will lead a team of Web, Android, iOS and SDET Accessibility Engineers who will focus on:
- Working closely with the Clover product team to deliver the roadmap.
- Auditing (manual and auto) and documenting current Clover applications for accessibility issues.
- Rectifying historic and newly identified issues.
- Work with other engineering teams to help them integrate accessibility best practice into their tooling, frameworks and pipelines.
- Building bespoke automated testing solutions and frameworks to aid in future identification and rectification of accessibility issues, working with other specialised teams to achieve this goal.
- Promote Accessibility within Clover and act as advisors to other Clover teams / stakeholders.
- Define the concept, processes and the mission around Accessibility Engineering to improve global Compliance in collaboration with Clover stakeholders.
- Hire and lead a team of engineers to success in execution of the Accessibility mission and manage their deliverables and career growth through outstanding mentoring and coaching.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of accessible semantically rich features to the Clover product and platform via a strong accessibility stack of HTML, CSS, ARIA and scripting.
- Work with a geographically distributed leadership team to build truly world class, accessible customer-centric solutions.
- Ensure that we in Clover are keeping pace with the technology which balances delivering solutions efficiently and creating a technically challenging and fun development environment.
- Working cross-functionally with Product Management, CORE Experience Accessibility Compliance, Design, Quality, Operations, and Customer Support.
- Help define roadmaps and schedules.
- Ensure a high level of technical quality by driving architectural decisions and leading accessibility code reviews with your team.
Work closely with the recruitment organisation to hire your team of Accessibility engineers as your team scales.
Identify team knowledge gaps and then organise training and certifications needed to ensure your team members are up to the task.
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.