Java Infrastructure Engineer - Data Engineering
What does Clover do?
Every single day, Clover devices handle the core point-of-sale and card processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. We provide next-generation payment services for over USD $2.2 trillion processing volume. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. This forms the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design and build large scale, distributed and highly fault tolerant systems to solve complex business problems.
- Be a Key Contributor in developing the team’s technical strategic roadmap, partnering with the key stakeholders.
- Work with partner teams to build and support state of the art data streams, pipelines and microservices.
- Work frequently with other teams to coordinate major changes to cross-system architectures, influencing upstream or downstream for the most efficient solutions
- Help your teammates be better engineers through better processes, practices and technical guidance.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Must live in or near Sunnyvale, CA; Colorado Springs, CO; Alpharetta, GA; Marietta, GA; Austin, TX; New Jersey or New York
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- 8+ years of strong Java coding, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- 6+ years working on a relational database (MySQL preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Prior experience working with messaging or event streaming technologies (Kafka preferred).
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communications skills and a sense of ownership and drive
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Previous experience working with any of the following:
- ETL data pipelines and data modelling
- Data warehouse technology (Snowflake preferred)
- One of the leading Cloud provider technologies (Azure, AWS, GoogleCloud, etc.)
- Modern containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes or others
- Big Data technologies
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBTQ+)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.