Hardware Electrical Engineer
What does a Hardware Electrical Engineer do?
As a Hardware Electrical Engineer, you will assist in the electrical engineering for our smart payment terminals and POS devices that billions of dollars flow through. Reliability and security are critical, but we also need to build new, innovative features for POS/payment devices and future versions of our product. These are Clover devices, that handle the core card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
As an Electrical Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Managing schematic capture and constraint-drive of PCB layout and design.
- Prototyping bring-up, debugging, design verification, and manufacturing support.
- Overseeing circuit design, numerical modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Supervising hardware issue tracking.
- Working with suppliers and manufacturing partners.
- Driving ODM to deliver hardware design that meets or exceeds the product specification and program schedule.
- Managing wireless mobile devices including display/touch, batteries, input devices, system integration, high speed communication and interface protocols.
- Reviewing analog and audio design, measurement, sensor design, integration, and low power embedded system design.
- Build, test, implement and launch the hardware solutions proposed.
- Working with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures within department focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency.
- Communicating within your functional team and across Engineering to keep information flowing
- Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a strong product hardware setting.
- Work in an agile environment, participating in planning and Scrumban boards.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with 7+ years of experience in consumer products design.
- 7 years of years Computer Hardware Design.
- Electrical Engineering experience shipping products.
- Experience in manufacturing bring-up and support.
- Experience with schematic capture, board layout, and simulation tools.
- Experience with hardware/RF lab equipment.
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Experience designing high volume products from beginning to end and managing offshore ODMs.
- Experience in consumer electronics designing high volume, low power, and high-quality products.
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: 3G/4G/LTE, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi product design with knowledge of de-sense, EMI, ESD, and PCB routing issues related to wireless devices.
- Experience with hardware development for Android systems.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBTQ+)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.