Fullstack Engineer, Staff
Calling all innovators - find your future at Fiserv.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments, and we move money and information in a way that moves the world. We connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another millions of times a day - quickly, reliably, and securely. Any time you swipe your credit card, pay through a mobile app, or withdraw money from the bank, we're involved. If you want to make an impact on a global scale, come make a difference at Fiserv.
Job TitleFullstack Engineer, Staff
Full-Stack Staff Engineer: Crafting the Future of Commerce
About The Team: Join our dynamic engineering team at Clover, where innovation and collaboration fuel our progress. We're a rapidly growing group dedicated to creating groundbreaking product and platform software that powers modern business solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Take center stage in Clover's Point of Sale domain as a Full-Stack Staff Engineer.
- Make a meaningful impact by driving the development of both back-end and front-end Clover products and services.
- Lead software development initiatives, owning technical architecture, design, and implementation.
- Architect and develop scalable, fault-tolerant distributed systems that redefine the customer experience.
- Lead the architecture, design, and development of server-side applications using JVM languages, container technologies, and cloud-native principles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional, distributed agile teams with the flexibility to work across time zones.
- Architect, build, and maintain robust, scalable, reliable, highly available, and performant applications.
- Coach and mentor engineers to deliver efficient, extensible solutions and improve their technical and leadership skills.
- Raise the bar on engineering excellence by advocating engineering best practices, lean agile methodologies, and a CI/CD DevOps mindset.
- Triage bugs and the impact on product or service operations and quality with a focus on customer centricity
- Prioritize and multi-task between projects with the ability to handle changing priorities.
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and assist in the software technical roadmap.
- Excellent team player with strong empathy and critical thinking skills.
What You Will Need To Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 10+ years of professional software development experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing highly scalable, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience delivering complex systems into production
- Significant experience with software architecture, object-oriented design, and cloud systems
- Strong experience with multithreading, concurrency models, and asynchronous programming
- Expertise with at least one JVM language, such as Java, Kotlin, and Scala.
- Worked with Spring Boot, and preferably Spring Cloud
- Experience with TDD, and relevant frameworks
- Proven skills in database design and SQL and exposure to NoSQL
- Experience designing intuitive and extensible Restful or GraphQL API
- Familiarity with microservices, micro-apps, and cloud-native applications.
- Demonstrable bias toward action, exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Solid grasp of Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
- Proactive, self-starter with multitasking abilities and the drive to work independently.
What Would Be Great To Have:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Professional cloud service provider certifications.
- Familiarity with BDD methodologies and relevant frameworks.
- Interest in learning functional programming concepts.
- Prior exposure to POS systems.
Salary Range$128,800.00 - $219,000.00
These pay ranges apply to employees in New York and California. Pay ranges for employees in other states may differ.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
What you should know about us:
Fiserv is a global fintech leader with 40,000-plus (and growing) associates proudly serving clients in more than 100 countries. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a top scorer on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce that reflects our world. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Warning about fake job posts:
Please be aware of fraudulent job postings that are not affiliated with Fiserv. Fraudulent job postings may be used by cyber criminals to target your personally identifiable information and/or to steal money or financial information.
Any communications from a Fiserv representative will come from a legitimate business email address. We will not hire through text message, social media, or email alone, and any interviews will be conducted in person or through a secure video call. We won’t ask you for sensitive information nor will we ask you to pay anything during the hiring process. We also won’t send you a check to cash on Fiserv’s behalf.
If you see suspicious activity or believe that you have been the victim of a job posting scam, you should report it to your local FBI field office or to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center.