DevOps Engineer, Senior - Clover
What does a DevOps Engineer do?
Every day Clover devices handle the core credit card and Point-Of-Sale (POS) processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants worldwide. Behind the scenes we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchant’s customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives, one transaction at a time.
To support all of this, we have a team of infrastructure engineers dedicated to ensuring our systems remain operational, safe and secure.
We have the need for an Engineer to join our DevOps team that has a solid background in Kubernetes and cloud technologies.
Clover has made a commitment to move a lot of our systems into Kubernetes hosted on Google Cloud Platform. Our team is looking for that DevOps engineer that is a solid performer as a Kubernetes administrator. Our DevOps team supports all the Kubernetes clusters used in development including keeping them updated and performing correctly.
As an DevOps Engineer at Clover, you can look forward to:
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them.
- Design, implement and manage ephemeral development environments.
- Manage various Microservices platforms.
- Automate and maintain software delivery workflows using CI/CD pipelines.
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software platforms needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Collaborate and follow agile tools and principles in building high-quality software with weekly sprints.
- Expertly designing and implementing scalable, distributed, fault tolerant systems that satisfy complex requirements.
- Designing and implementing best practices for software development which include security, monitoring, and telemetry.
Requirements for Consideration
- Several demonstrable years of experience in supporting and using cloud technologies such as Kubernetes on various cloud platforms.
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Programming in Go (Golang), Python, or shell (bash) scripting.GNU makefiles and Linux sysadmin / networking.
- Defining and implementing end-to-end CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, Spinnaker or GitLabIaC technologies such as Terraform.
- Collecting and processing metrics from tools such as Waverfront, Prometheus, Datadog, NewRelic, and can walk teams through setting up SLO and SLA targets.
Worked with a few of these:
- GCP, AWS, GKE, EKS, AKS, Rancher, and OpenShift.
- Deep understanding of Linux.Ability to demonstrate an understanding of DevOps and DevOps functions.
- Infrastructure and product security experience and knowledge.
- Preferred Skills, Experience, and EducationDegree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a relevant field.
Here is a complete list of desirable skills:
Linux Admin (CentOS), Python, Puppet (or Chef), MySQL / PostGreSQL Admin, RDBMS / SQL / DDL / DML, Terraform, Encryption/certs/security, HAProxy, TCP/IP
TCollector/ DataDog/ Grafana, YAML / XML, ELK Stack, Git / Github / Gitlab Admin, Bash / Shell / Java, Yum/RPM, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP/AWS, DNS, LDAP
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.