Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, First Data, that is the largest payments processor and merchant acquirer worldwide.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 500 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily.
About the role
The data team is looking for a passionate data scientist who is interested in leading the effort to leverage data, predictive modeling, and machine learning to build and enhance product experience. We are looking for a detail-oriented problem solver who has a track record of developing solutions to enable personalized product experience, such as clustering customer archetypes, recommendation systems; and empower data-driven decision making in marketing and communication campaigns, such as churn prediction, CLV attribution. In addition, our ideal candidate will be passionate about finding new and better ways of generating automated insights derived from data and machine learning models, making a material impact to help customers succeed through Clover products.
- Design, propose and develop custom advanced statistical analysis and machine learning models to drive innovative products and provide data-driven insights
- Develop validated, scalable, production-ready algorithms to drive sales, reduce churn, and derive meaningful and actionable insights into improving our merchant experience
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and operational teams to proactively gather feedbacks, requirements, develop metrics
- Iteratively improve and push for new advances in statistical analysis and machine learning for more significant and pragmatic benefits
- Communicate findings, recommendations and/or analysis results to stakeholders in verbal, visual and written media
- Extensive industry (3+ years) experience developing and optimizing personalization applications, recommendation systems to solve real-world problems
- Extensive industry experience communicating findings and decisions to stakeholders of varying technical backgrounds
- Demonstrate up-to-date machine learning skills and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Strong self-starter who can create and lead new projects from scratch with minimal guidance, oversight, or resources
- Collaborative, team player who can thrive in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing, ambiguous requirements
- Advanced fluency in Python and proficiency in using one or more query languages such as SQL
Nice to have
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent
- Proven track record of delivering large-scale machine learning, speech, search and/or personalization applications in production
- Experience implementing three or more or of the following techniques: A/B testing, regression analysis, non-parametric models, time series analysis, experimental design, survival analysis, clustering, natural language processing, or neural networks
- Experience with cloud-based data warehouse solutions
- Experience with technologies such as Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and Spark
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.