Content Design Manager
Clover is looking for an experienced Content Design Manager to join our Core Systems Design team. This team is responsible for designing the threads that run across Clover’s platform and throughout the merchant and customer experience—including activation, service, engagement, accessibility, and compliance.
In this role, you’ll solve real-world challenges faced by a diverse set of user types and needs, ranging from Michelin-starred restaurants to contractors on-the-go.
In our highly collaborative team-based approach, you’ll apply your expertise alongside colleagues to ensure that Clover’s products speak simply and understandably to our merchants and their customers.
We’re looking for:
Experience. You have a portfolio that demonstrates your skills in information architecture, content strategy, and UX writing. Iterations on your own work, based on user research and analytics, are a must.
Collaboration. You know that the best things are made together. You’re not just open to feedback from your colleagues, you actively seek it out.
Consistency. You are a champion for consistent voice that marries design principles, brand attributes, and user language, and for the expression of voice through appropriate tones across the user journey.
Flexibility. You know that the best design is the one that gets used. You’re adept at navigating constraints and stakeholders to adapt the ideal solution into the practical one.
Curiosity. You bring a broad range of research, ideation, and prototyping methods to the table, and a desire to learn new approaches from your colleagues. If you don’t know something, you’re willing to find out.
Integrity. You do this work because you love it. Good design determines how products feel and how they work, and you’ll go the extra mile to get it right.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 7+ years experience working on digital experiences in an applicable role (eg. Content Strategist, Content Designer, UX Writer, Information Architect), as part of a cross-functional design and development team.
• 2+ years experience leading design efforts to successful outcomes and mentorship of junior designers.
• 1+ years experience managing other designers.
• Familiarity with a range of design methods, from lightweight research, user journey mapping, prototyping, wireframes, and visual design.
• A refined sensibility for creating usable interfaces with clear hierarchy and obvious affordances.
• Proficiency in whatever tools you use to create and communicate, and willingness to adapt to new tools.
• The confidence to stand up for your informed point of view, and the humility to adjust it with new information.
• Demonstrated ability to lead the design of new products and features, and the facility to bring peers and cross-functional stakeholders together to move projects forward.
• Experience with people management.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Experience writing for product navigation, guidance, onboarding, and help; and/or experience with design systems, component libraries, and design for accessibility.
• A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in an applicable design discipline.
• First-hand experience working for a small businesses
• Leadership or participation in the broader design community.
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.