Clover - Software Engineer
Clover - Software Engineer (Payments)
What does a great Java Server Engineer do?
● Designing and implementing REST APIs for mobile and web clients including our payment
devices, web dashboard, and 3rd party apps
● Identifying technical requirements in product meetings and assisting the business team with
realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into
functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in line with company objectives
● Owning your merchant-facing services /features from development through deployment and
● Working with the Infrastructure Team to design data models to support large-scale highly
● Working with QA & certification teams to develop test plans/strategies
● Participating in a regular on-call rotation
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
● B.S. in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
● 5+ years demonstrated ability in backend software development, server side API and microservice development.
● Experience with highly scalable applications server technologies, REST web services, SOA.
● Familiarity with databases and schema design (we use primarily MySQL)
● Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
● Fundamental understanding of single-page apps
● Experience with JUnit, TestNG, or other Java-based test frameworks
● Experience with Python, Java, or another object-oriented programming language.
● Experience with Continuous Integration process and tools (Github, Jira, Jenkins)
● Superior problem-solving skills and browser debugging capabilities
● Flexible and self-driven with a collaborative approach to problem-solving
● Strong communication and team skills
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
● Experience with Java script or other front-end technologies
● Experience in the Payments domain or eCommerce Solutions is a big plus.
●Experience with load and performance testing
● Able to champion quality practices within a team or within the organization
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.