Clover - Android - Staff - Software Engineer, Core Payments
What does a great Staff Software Engineer in Core Payments do?
As an Staff Software Engineer in Core Payments, you will be a part of a team of people responsible
for creating and maintaining a suite of Android client applications and point-of-sale APIs in a
fast-paced result-oriented environment. We're looking for an experienced Android software engineer
to help build, certify and operate complex payment systems. These systems allow our large fleet of
smart payment terminals to process millions of transactions a day via our cloud infrastructure. Our
Payments Engineers are highly capable problem solvers that are detail-oriented and self-driven. You
are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where requirements are
As an Staff Software Engineer in Core Payments, you can look forward to:
● Adding new payments features to our existing products (such as dynamic currency
conversion, offline payment support, Android Pay, Apple Pay, mobile wallets etc.)
● Designing and implementing Android applications and services that provide best in class
payment flow experience for customers.
● Troubleshooting issues that may span across a wide range of device types.
● Taking ownership of specific payment components.
● Working with international certification teams and test organizations.
● Working with product management to clarify and/or create specifications.
● Triaging bugs related to payment applications and related infrastructure.
● Performing production support services as part of a regular on call rotation.
● Collaborating with Product Development, UX Designers, and QA to build quality products;
including resolving complex technical issues related to projects.
● Build, test, implement and launch the solutions proposed.
● Install, configure, customize, upgrade, support and troubleshoot all technical issues related
to on premise and hosted environments for mobile platforms.
● Work directly with third party vendors to define technical requirements and customize,
configure and implement solutions to interface with various external systems.
● Work with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures
within the department focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency.
● Communicating within your functional team and across Engineering to keep information
● Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
● Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing.
● Be a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a strong product setting.
● Develop native mobile applications for Android.
● Troubleshoot and analyze system level problems(deadlocks, crashes).
● Work in an agile environment, participating in planning and Scrum boards.
● The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and
should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
Bachelor’s degree required.
● 8+ years of experience in Java.
● 5+ years of experience in Android application development.
● 5+ years of experience in Android Framework development
● Experience with server technologies, REST web services, SOA.
● Familiarity with databases and schema design. (MySQL)
● Familiar with 3rd party libraries for Android.
● Familiar with databases and schema design.
● UI development, optimal performance, adaptation to various screen sizes.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
● Payments industry experience working with EMVco or PCI/PTS standards.
● Embedded/MCU/ARM Cortex development, RTOS, C language experience.
● Kotlin Programming.
● RXJava, functional programming, MVP/MVC design patterns.
● iOS and/or other previous mobile development experience.
● Test driven development methodology. (UI Automator/Espresso)
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.