Backend Server Engineer, Senior
- Bachelor's degree, preferably STEM or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Android platform development and testing.
- 1+ year of hands-on technical leadership with demonstrated success delivering complex systems into production
- Proficiency in at least one JVM language such as Java, Kotlin, Scala.
- Proven skills in database design and SQL, preferably with MySQL.
- Computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with software architecture, object-oriented design, and principles.
- Knowledge of multithreading, concurrency models, and asynchronous programming.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical peers and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrable bias toward action.
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal guidance.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye toward maintainability, scalability, and performance.
- Experience with lean methodologies, agile practices, and iterative development incrementally delivering value.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Direct experience with Kotlin, or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge or interest in learning functional programming.
- Experience with server-side development, microservices, cloud-native services, and Spring Boot.
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.