Android Staff Engineer
What does an exceptional Android Staff Software Engineer do?
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering team building applications that transform the way merchants run and manage their business. As an Architect, you will play a critical role in planning and producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label printers and barcode scanners. This position is in Clover's Point of Sale / Consumer zone. We are responsible for building software solutions that allow our merchants to provide their customers with online ordering, loyalty, feedback, and promotion capabilities. As an architect on our Point of Sale / Consumer team, your squad will be delivering a microservice-based architecture to allow distributed engineering teams to develop and deploy consumer facing solutions around the world.
As an Architect: In this role you will contribute to all aspects of project development and delivery with specific focus on the development of new features and enhancements to support integration of Fiserv systems to facilitate opening new channels of business. You will be responsible for architecting new features and infrastructural changes to our existing products, to meet our business needs. This includes the end-to-end system design, including data model changes, server side end point changes, and Android app architecture changes. You will be driving the modernization of our Android apps to adopt the latest platform features and design patterns where applicable. You will also drive best practices in software development, including design reviews, and code reviews. You will mentor the other engineers on the team. You will work with the Product managers to provide estimates and clarify requirements. You will be required to perform production support as part of a regular on-call rotation.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably STEM.
8+ years of experience with designing, developing and deploying complex Android applications in a production environment. Expert knowledge of Java and Kotlin Knowledge and experience using the latest Android architecture components
• Experience leading teams of developers and demonstrated success delivering complex systems into production
• Experience operating and supporting critical business applications
• Ability to see the "big picture" and coordinate with other teams to deliver benefits beyond your own organization, while continuing to deliver on your responsibilities and commitments
• Ability to work with cross functional teams to gather and define requirements, and translate them into functional and maintainable software
• Ability to work with distributed teams; flexibility to work across time zones
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail
Experience with server side development, including building Spring boot and micro services
Working with remote teams