Android Engineer, Senior
What does a successful Senior Android Software Engineer at Clover do?
As an Android engineer on the Point of Sale team, you will be responsible for building applications that define the vast majority of the user experience on Clover POS devices. These are the applications that the merchants spend most of their time on. Apps that deal with Order taking and Order management, Dining, Inventory management, and Employee management. In addition, you will be responsible for building APIs that enhance our Android SDK, allowing our 3rd party developers to build custom applications and enhance the merchant experience.
In this role, you can look forward to
* Working with Product Manager and UX designers to help define and refine the requirements and UX design.
* Working with QA to help them develop the right test plans to test your new features
* Working with other engineers to design your new features and review code.
* Participating in design and code reviews for your peers and junior engineers
* Mentor junior engineers
* Making our existing applications more robust by fixing bugs
* Working with our support team to analyze and fix bugs reported from the field
* Participate in an on-call rotation to handle any customer escalations
* Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing
* Be a team player, the ability to collaborate idea sharing in a strong product setting.
* Developing native mobile applications for Android
* Work in an agile environment, participating in planning and Scrumban boards.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related STEM field
* 5+ years of industry experience
* 5+ years of Android development experience in a professional capacity
* Demonstrated experience implementing both Android software design patterns and application architecture
* Strong knowledge of Java and Kotlin
* Strong knowledge of database concepts and SQL
* Experience working on server-side development, building REST endpoints
* Experience working on Web applications, using the React framework
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.