Engineering Manager - Clover
Calling all innovators – find your future at Fiserv.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments, and we move money and information in a way that moves the world. We connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants, and consumers to one another millions of times a day – quickly, reliably, and securely. Any time you swipe your credit card, pay through a mobile app, or withdraw money from the bank, we’re involved. If you want to make an impact on a global scale, come make a difference at Fiserv.
Job TitleEngineering Manager - Clover
Job Posting: Engineering Manager
What does a successful Engineering Manager do at Fiserv?
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of hardworking people responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of cutting edge web applications, point-of-sale APIs, and client applications in a fast-paced results-oriented environment. You will utilize your experience in Java Server Engineering and Web Development in understanding the constraints and needs of the business to elevate the quality of the output of the entire team over time. You will lead by example, prioritize quality, and help define the long-term architecture for the full suite of applications. We are seeking flexible professionals who are not afraid to be involved in product discussions and work with multiple parts of the stack.
What you will do
- Leading a team of 5-10 engineers and managing their deliverables, execution, and career growth through mentoring and coaching
- Providing inspiration and guidance to the growing team; foster a culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation.
- Having a passion for coaching and mentoring teams, helping individuals grow professionally and technically
- Being responsible for the end-to-end delivery of features in support of the Clover product and platform
- Ensuring that we are keeping pace with the technology that balances delivering solutions efficiently and creating a technically challenging and fun development environment.
- Working cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, Quality, Operations, and Customer Support.
- Defining roadmaps and schedules, and delivering high-quality solutions for our clients and partners
- Ensuring a high level of technical quality by driving architectural decisions and leading code reviews with your team.
- Partnering with HR in identifying and onboarding engineering talent as we continue to grow
- Preparing and reviewing technical designs, code reviews, and delivery of high-quality architecture
- Accessing risks based on product complexity, resource, and/or timeline constraints.
- Maintaining relationships with internal & external partners during the implementation process to ensure that any critical issues are promptly addressed.
- Establishing department standards and procedures, recommending efficient ways to ensure the best implementation practices of new or upgraded products.
- Displaying strong verbal and written communication, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
What you will need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree required, related discipline in Computer Science and/or Engineering is preferred
- Experience building customer facing applications.
- 11+ years of hands-on experience in Java, Web, API and Database development (either PLSQL, MYSQL or any other relevant database).
- 2+ years of experience as a People Leader managing small to midsize teams.
What would be great to have
- Experience with Java development
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases.
- Building distributed, service oriented, microservices-style, and cloud-based application architectures (we use Spring Boot on Google Cloud, and transitioning to Kubernetes).
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us!
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
What you should know about us:
Fiserv is a global fintech leader with 40,000-plus (and growing) associates proudly serving clients in more than 100 countries. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a top scorer on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Warning about fake job posts:
Please be aware of fraudulent job postings that are not affiliated with Fiserv. Fraudulent job postings may be used by cyber criminals to target your personally identifiable information and/or to steal money or financial information.
Any communications from a Fiserv representative will come from a legitimate business email address. We will not hire through text message, social media, or email alone, and any interviews will be conducted in person or through a secure video call. We won’t ask you for sensitive information nor will we ask you to pay anything during the hiring process. We also won’t send you a check to cash on Fiserv’s behalf.
If you see suspicious activity or believe that you have been the victim of a job posting scam, you should report it to your local law enforcement.