Staff Engineer (Java)
What does an exceptional Staff Engineer do?
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering team building applications that transform the way merchants run and manage their business. As a Staff Engineer, you will play a critical role in producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label printers and barcode scanners. In this role you will contribute to all aspects of project delivery with specific focus on the development of new features and enhancements to our products.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required.
- At least 8 years of experience with Java and Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience designing, developing, delivering, and supporting critical business applications
- Ability and desire to serve as the technical expert for code modules or subsystems
- Experience leading cross-team system integration architectures, and driving these architectures through to implementation and deployment
- Create process improvements and workflow to facilitate problem resolution with speed and accuracy
- Solid familiarity with security domain components around Authentication, Authorization, Non-Repudiation, Delegation, and Auditing
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to gather requirements
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve application issues
- Understanding of Relational databases (preferably MySQL), ability to write efficient SQL queries including multi-table joins, experience with JDBC
- Experience developing REST web services, using JSON and/or XML for structured data representation
- Experience with JUnit,TestNG, or other Java-based test frameworks
- Experience with Agile (preferably SCRUM) software development methodology, and rapid develop/test/deploy cycle via Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Software version control, preferably Git
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
Experience with Spring Boot micro service framework
Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform computing services
Comfortable with Python programming language
Understanding of TLS/SSL and certificate management
Experience in banking or financial services industries
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.