Software Engineer, Full Stack
Clover is the Point of Sale system that processes millions of transactions for hundreds of thousands of merchants daily. The Clover Digital Acquisition team is focused on maintaining Clover.com, allowing merchants to discover which products are a good fit for their use case, and submitting their application for a credit check so they can be cleared to process transactions. As a part of this team, you will be working on any of the following: building microservices, building accessible, beautiful, responsive user interfaces, and exploring ways to expand to new markets and regions. We are looking for people to push the envelope on modernizing our stack; from code to infrastructure.
Our web apps are written in React + Typescript. Our backend consists of multiple Java and Kotlin-based microservices connecting to MySQL. In the first few months, you will be working on our Clover.com site to deliver new features that help prospective merchants make informed decisions about becoming a Clover merchant, allow them to use a variety of different purchase options to make purchases, and improve the user experience on the site to make the site experience seamless and beautiful. You will be working with a small, dedicated team with an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration, but you will also be expected to work independently at times to complete work. As a full stack engineer, you will be expected to work on building new features, contribute to architecting solutions for new features, and ensure all code delivered to production is stable and well-tested.
- 3-5 years of working experience building software
- Knowledge of a Single Page App framework (React, Angular, Vue.js, etc.)
- Understanding of building REST APIs
- Knowledge of automated testing practices
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, self driven
- Experience designing and implementing new features from the ground up
- Knowledge of TypeScript, React, Java 8+, Kotlin
- Experience building out microservices in Spring Boot
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure
- Experience with DevOps (e.g. CI / CD, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Willingness to improve the technical skills of other team members through mentorship, pair programming, code review
- Willingness to introduce new technologies to the team to push us forward technically
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.