Group Product Manager, Restaurants
Clover is seeking a Group Product Manager to join our Restaurants Point of Sale team. This role reports to the Director of Product Management, Point of Sale.
Clover’s product team is responsible for moving new innovative products through the software development lifecycle. We’re focused on simplifying the lives of small business owners and in doing so helping Clover achieve its goals.
As a member of the Restaurants team you will be responsible for leading that team that advocates for the needs of Clover’s restaurant merchants and their staff. You will apply your love of food and the dining experience to develop the vision for impactful product experiences that restaurants need to thrive. On the Clover Point of Sale team, you will be responsible for leading the development of a range of software products that provide merchants with a best-in class ordering experience to use in their restaurants. You will own components of the front-of-house including menu management, kitchen management, touchless dining, and more.
You will be responsible for building a product team, working directly with cross-functional teams consisting of software engineers, quality engineers, UX designers and content designers to achieve the vision you set forth. You enjoy working in a fast-paced office, understand that constant attention to detail leads to success and you’re rarely satisfied with the status quo. You will be responsible for clearly communicating the direction and status of the product to various internal and external stakeholders and find storytelling comes naturally.
You’ll be responsible for
- Developing the shared product vision and strategy for the restaurant point of sale experience
- Managing and growing a team of product managers within the restaurant area to execute on your vision
- Understanding the needs of restaurant owners and staff and translating these into actionable product initiatives
- Leading the implementation, launch, and iteration of restaurant-focused merchant tools
- Developing and maintaining the product strategy and roadmap for your cross-functional teams
- Communicating effectively with leadership, your engineering/design counterparts, and additional stakeholders throughout the team
- Owning and tracking KPIs and metrics that inform product success and health
- Building business cases for new product efforts as opportunities arise
The ideal candidate has...
- A deep empathy for the experience of restaurant workers. Ideally you have worked in a restaurant and have a nuanced respect for the immense work it takes to delight customers with delicious food.
- 6+ years of product management experience building products in the restaurant or SMB space
- Deep experience of restaurants, either through direct work experience or building products for these unique customers
- Experience hiring, directly managing, and providing professional development resources for members of your team.
- Proven leadership skills with experience developing and delivering on shared product vision
- A strong understanding of agile project management processes (we use a version of scrum)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on clearly articulating product goals and progress across the broader organization
- Strong data analysis and lean experimentation experience
- The ability to make decisions with limited information in a fast-paced, dynamic environment