Group Product Manager, Point of Sale
Clover is seeking a Group Product Manager to join our Point of Sale team. This role reports to the Director of Product Management, Point of Sale.
Clover’s product team is responsible for moving new innovative products through the software development lifecycle. We’re focused on simplifying the lives of small business owners and in doing so helping Clover achieve its goals.
As the lead on the Point of Sale team you will be responsible for building the team that develops the Point of Sale platform used by all Clover merchants. As an advocate for merchants and their staff, you will own the end-to-end transaction experience common to SMB merchants in the restaurant, retail, and service industries. You will be responsible for directing the development of a range of software products across multiple platforms to provide best-in-class purchasing and order fulfillment to thousands of merchants.
You will be responsible for building a product team, working directly with cross-functional teams consisting of software engineers, quality engineers, UX designers and content designers to achieve the vision you set forth. You enjoy working in a fast-paced office, understand that constant attention to detail leads to success and you’re rarely satisfied with the status quo. You will be responsible for clearly communicating the direction and status of the product to various internal and external stakeholders and find storytelling comes naturally.
You’ll be responsible for
- Developing the shared product vision and strategy for the point of sale platform
- Building a team of product managers within the core POS area to execute on your vision
- Understanding the needs of small business owners and staff and translating these into actionable product initiatives
- Leading the implementation, launch, and iteration of point of sale features
- Developing and maintaining the product strategy and roadmap for your cross-functional teams
- Communicating effectively with leadership, your engineering/design counterparts, and additional stakeholders throughout the team
- Owning and tracking KPIs and metrics that inform product success and health
- Building business cases for new product efforts as opportunities arise
The ideal candidate has...
- A deep empathy for the experience of small business owners. Ideally you have worked in a small business and have a nuanced respect for the immense work it takes to delight customers.
- 6+ years of product management experience building products in the SMB, payments, or point of sale space.
- Experience hiring, directly managing, and providing professional development resources for members of your team.
- Proven leadership skills with experience developing and delivering on shared product vision
- A strong understanding of agile project management processes (we use a version of scrum)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on clearly articulating product goals and progress across the broader organization
- Strong data analysis and lean experimentation experience
- The ability to make decisions with limited information in a fast-paced, dynamic environment