Clover - Senior Software Engineer - Web
Senior Software Engineer - Web
Clover is the Point of Sale system that processes millions of transactions for hundreds of thousands of merchants daily. The Clover Consumer teams are focused on building the consumer to merchant relationship, and the consumer to Clover relationship. We work on a number of tools that help our merchants' customers. As a part of this team, you will be working on any of the following - adding new features and UIs to enhance the consumer experience and exploring ways to expand to new markets and regions. We are looking for people to push the envelope on modernizing our stack; from code to infrastructure.
Our web apps are written in React + Typescript that communicate with various RESTful APIs. We are in the process of shifting from monoliths to micro-services and micro-frontends, so this would be a great place to influence the entire company. In the first few months you will be focusing on building out new front-end repositories and working on existing front-ends to bring innovative new features to our Scan to Pay, Scan to Order, and Clover Online Ordering features.
- Knowledge of a Single Page App framework (React, Angular, etc).
- Ability to design and consume REST APIs.
- Experience with unit and automated testing.
- Exposure to mentoring more junior engineers on both technical and professional aspects.
- Excellent communication skills. Effective and proactive technical knowledge sharing within and outside of the immediate team.
- Ability to champion and develop mid-scale features collaboratively across disciplines such as product, design and engineering.
- Product focused; willing to collaborate and bring ideas to the table to enhance the user experience
- Knowledge of TypeScript and React
- 1+ years of backend experience (Node, Spring, etc)
- Understanding of modern React patterns and best practices.
- Familiarity with front-end infrastructure, specifically servers and routing (NGINX, HAProxy, etc.)