Clover CMS Manager
What does a Clover CMS Manager do?
The Content Manager works closely with both the Content Management team and external teams to ensure interactive deliverables are met. The Content Management team is responsible for publishing creative assets / experiences / critical digital content to websites and other platforms. This includes ownership of the content management and publishing operations in support of product launches and other digital marketing programs, including setting up and managing page structure and content in a CMS.
As a CMS Manager you can look forward to:
Core responsibilities of a Content Manager will include day-to-day content management tasks, cross-functional collaboration across the organization, leading small projects or initiatives from the CM perspective, and maintaining full knowledge of tools and processes.
• Own day-to-day content management operations and tasks in support of product launches, other marketing initiatives, and regular page maintenance
• Ensure the quality of deliverables across all devices, screen sizes, and user actions
• Collaborate cross-functionally with internal and external teams, proactively and with high attention to communication standards
• Work with developer teams to plan page structures and agree upon project approach and deliverables
• Execute content projects with the support of the broader development team
• Actively balance the work of multiple projects, assignments, and launches in a fast-paced work environment
• Work with the CM team to contribute to documentation and training
• Troubleshoot system issues as a part of the first line of defense
• Contribute to the evolution of internal platforms and processes by providing feedback on toolsets, UI, best practices, and workflow optimization
• Minimum of 2-3 years CMS experience working on web production teams
• Experience with localization, translation, and managing content for a global audience, using a CMS
• Knowledge of how content management system (and other related system) processes work
• Experience with office productivity tools such as MS Office, Google Apps, Slack, Microsoft Teams
• Record of troubleshooting and diagnosing CMS issues, and communicating those issues both technical and non-technical partners
• Proven record of the ability to manage ambiguity effectively
• High degree of ownership and accountability
• Ability to balance multiple project or assignments
• Highly detail-oriented and organized.
• Knowledge of HTML, XML, JSON, and enterprise CMS. Contenful, Wordpress, & social platforms such as Sprout Social
• Experience creating/managing internal tools a plus
• Excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work with others in an dynamic environment
• Familiarity with digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics, HotJar, Heap
• Demonstrated success in business process improvement and re-engineering
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.