Clover - Brand Design Manager
Clover is looking for a holistically-minded Brand Design Manager to join our Brand Experience Design team. This team is responsible for presenting Clover to the world, giving our brand a differentiated and memorable personality, and assuring cohesive brand expression from awareness through everyday use.
In this role, you’ll solve communication challenges across Marketing, Sales, and Product to craft a cohesive Clover brand experience that appeals to independent businesses ranging from Michelin-starred restaurants or contractors on-the-go.
In our highly collaborative culture, you’ll apply your expertise alongside that of your teammates to create complete experiences for Clover products, web and social media, packaging, and collateral..
We’re looking for:
Experience. You have a portfolio of elegant designs that marry form and function. That approaches design from a system-thinking sensibility. Iterations on your own work, based on internal stakeholders and/or market research are highly appreciated.
Collaboration. You know that the best things are made together. You’re not just open to feedback from your colleagues, and your internal stakeholders... you actively seek it out!
Communication. You can articulate the reasons behind your process and your decisions, in words and pictures.
Flexibility. You know that the best design is the one that gets used. You’re adept at navigating constraints and stakeholders to adopt the ideal solution into a practical, scalable, actionable, shippable one.
Curiosity. You bring a broad range of practice-related passions: From visual trends familiarity to personal research, ideation, prototyping methods, and a desire to learn new approaches from your colleagues. If you don’t know something, you are willing to find out.
Integrity. You do this work because you love it. Good design determines how your audience feels and how it engages with a proposal, and you’ll go the extra mile to get it right.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 7+ years of experience designing digital interactions involving visual narratives and asset systems in a fast-moving, cross-functional design, and development-driven team.
• 3+ years experience leading design efforts to successful outcomes and mentorship of other designers.
• 1+ years experience managing other designers.
• Familiarity with a range of graphic/visual design methods, such as motion design, iconography, illustration, print, packaging design, information visualization, and interaction prototyping.
• A refined sensibility for creating beautiful and effective communication artifacts through the use of elegant typography and clear visual hierarchy.,
• Proficiency in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other Adobe tools, and willingness to adapt to new tools.
• The confidence to stand up for your informed point of view, and the humility to adjust it with new information.
• Demonstrated ability to lead the design of new communication ideas, and the facility to bring cross-functional peers together to move projects forward.
• Experience with people management.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Experience designing and evolving modular/atomic brand systems that function at scale.
• Bachelor’s degree in an applicable design discipline or a related field (Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Interaction, User Interface, etc.)
• First-hand experience working for small businesses needs is highly preferable
• Experience managing out-of-house team members (contractors, agencies, complex schedules with multiple dependencies)
• Experience with people management and design community leadership.
• Leadership or participation in the broader corporate community, as well as horizontal leadership management and communication in Product, Marketing, Brand, Sales, Development, and Corporate Communications.
Who We Are:
Be a part of the company that’s transforming the way merchants do business.
We’re a team of inspired problem-solvers building powerful, intuitive point-of-sale tools for small and medium businesses. Hardware that’s stylish and functional. Software that scales to any business. We’ve sold over one million Clover devices to restaurants and shops all over the world—and probably in your own neighborhood.
Clover fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion and welcomes applicants of any race, religion, nationality, sex, orientation, gender expression, age, and physical ability.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.