Product Manager, EMEA
Fiserv EMEA - Commercial Product Manager
Every day, Fiserv's hardware and software support the core payment card processing and point-of-sale needs for hundreds of thousands of merchants around the globe. We are the world's largest payment processor, (USD$2.2 trillion processing volume) and we are Clover, the world's leading SMB business management and payments platform. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and business management tools for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
Fiserv's EMEA product team operates and strives to excel in the nexus of business, technology and customers. We manage the pointy end of multiple product roadmaps, delivered by technology organisations around the world. We ensure that complex commercial and strategic objectives are achieved in partnership with our business and technology partners. A role in Fiserv Product Management is not for the faint hearted, but will suit t-shaped people who are willing to roll their sleeves up to learn and then embrace highly complex and fast moving situations. Ultimately Fiserv is an organisation that is experiencing exponential growth in the FinTech and Finance domains, and this role encompasses all of the challenges and opportunities that this represents.
You will be responsible for setting and driving the execution of the OmniCommerce strategy in EMEA and delivering on an ambitious growth plan and associated commercial commitments. As a subject matter expert in POS, FinTech and/or financial solutions you will provide cross-functional leadership and bring an entrepreneurial spirit to help deliver profitable, problem-solving orientated solutions to our organisations and partners needs.
The candidate will need to be a Commercial Product Manager. They may be someone who has worked in traditional product management roles (i.e. agile frameworks), but they will need to either have experience of working in commercial and business facing roles or be willing to evolve in this direction. To be clear, this is not a typical Product Management role where the focus is on Product development… but more one that's tied in to orchestrating multiple product management teams to deliver to the roadmap that you have defined with your internal customers and external clients.
In our candidates we look for a positive attitude, speed of thought and movement, willingness to learn and EQ.
- Your goal is to help our business and partners deliver Clover’s business management suite to small businesses and change the way small businesses interact with customers and manage their businesses.
- You understand the current global landscape of industry players, including, acquirers, processors, and ISVs. You’re an expert at cross-functional alignment and will bring in regional subject matter experts, core product managers, regional product managers, designers, engineers, and business operations to understand what it takes to implement an idea. You will drive the end-to-end management and scaling of Clover’s point of sale software plans and serve as the linchpin for communicating progress and key milestones back to various stakeholders. You enjoy quickly switching context and delivering value, defined by users in a given country.
- Small businesses make up the majority of Clover’s portfolio. You will engage closely with merchants across multiple verticals and countries to ensure their specific needs are incorporated on the global product roadmap. You can interpret complex industry standards and write detailed user stories and requirements. You’re a good listener and “empathy” is one of the qualities you use to describe your personality.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced organisation, you understand that constant attention to detail leads to success and you’re rarely satisfied with the status quo. You find that storytelling comes naturally.
- On a daily basis, you will spend 40% of your time working with local subject matter experts, regional product managers and the core product team to build the international roadmap, 30% of your time meeting with merchants to understand their needs, 10% of your time presenting our progress and building excitement about Clover’s vision and 20% of your time coordinating product launches with release management.
- One of the reasons Clover has disrupted the point of sale market is because of the collaborative work we do in product management. You will be part of a team who are excited about the future and excited about building products that improve the lives and profitability of our merchants. We are relentlessly focused on user satisfaction.
- Lead the delivery of our OmniCommerce (and OmniChannel) strategy across the region. You will work with our direct business lines and large joint venture partners across the region. Our lead solution is Clover and you'll get across all of the interconnecting components that underpin this - including technology, acquiring, compliance and risk.
- Build and lead the OmniCommerce strategy across our region - working closely with teams in the global Clover team along with internal Fiserv technology teams.
- Improve user satisfaction and help merchants grow their business by offering tools to manage their business.
- Assist in building business cases (including opportunity sizing and financial analysis) to define, evaluate and prioritize competing opportunities to inform Clover’s roadmap.
- Assist in carrying out the end to end product lifecycle focused on Clover’s business management apps:
- Research new international markets and competitors
- Coordinate with user research team to deliver valuable experiences
- Define user requirements
- Communicate requirements with design, engineering and product ops
- Review and prioritize backlog
- Attend sprint planning and communicate requirements with engineering & QE
- Collaborate with content team on release notes and help content
- Coordinate releases with release management team
- Communicate rationale, prioritization and development status with product, engineering and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Analyze user feedback and data to improve the user experience
- Evangelize Clover’s values and products across the team
- Work with multiple product teams around the globe to deliver country specific value while maintaining a consistent Clover user experience.
- Set up systems to monitor and measure new market success and feed learnings back into strategic evaluation process.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally 30% to 40% of your time
- Product management and/or sales engineering experience in the FinTech or point of sale (EPOS) industries. Alternatively similar experience in other technology verticals is also of interest.
- BA/BS degree required
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of using data to influence requirements, design and implementation
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to think and lead complex initiatives and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills
- Fluency in English is required. Additional languages (e.g. German) would be beneficial.