Clover - Product Manager Card Present Payments
Product Manager – Card Present Payments
Every day, Clover powers payments services for hundreds of thousands of me chants in multiple countries around the world. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing payment processing, storage, and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers, and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We’ve built a reputation as a leading innovator by being first to market with important new payments capabilities, such as Apple Pay, Alipay, and Venmo at the point of sale. Clover currently
operates in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Netherlands, and is expanding in other countries in the EU. We are looking for self starters to lead Clover’s EU payments product with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives one transaction at a time
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced and driven Payments Product manager to join our team focusing on payments!
As a Product Manager for Card Present Payments, you’ll be a product owner responsible for managing the payment acceptance functions across all Clover devices. You will need to understand the current EU and Global landscape of industry players, including issuers, acquirers, processors, payment networks, vendors and ISVs. You will maintain and communicate the global payments roadmap, prioritize and research payments feature requests from multiple channels, track emerging alternative payment methods, and continually improve the payments user experience on Clover devices. You’ll also track and ensure implementation of
card brand compliance changes, and monitor EMV and industry certification requirements.Given your deep product and market knowledge, you’ll be called upon to prioritize and manage production issues. Finally, you’ll help drive the development and commercial launch of our payments products, create product marketing materials, educate various sales channels about new Clover payments features, and contribute to winning large deals.
What will you do:
● Track payment industry trends, standards and competitive offerings in the global
markets, as prioritized by Clover senior management. Identify opportunities for new value-added and differentiated features in these markets.
● Own the product strategy and roadmap for payment products in the EU.
● Lead the ideation of new features of payments products and help build business cases.
● Define detailed user stories and requirements for payments-related features and
products. Work with the various teams to appropriately map out payments product use cases and requirements.
● Expand on existing products features to support multiple countries in the EU.
● Analyze user feedback and data to optimize the merchant and cardholder experience.
● Perform both quantitative and qualitative research to identify product opportunities for roadmap prioritization.
● Own the product end-to-end and collaborate closely with engineering teams, design and content teams, documentation and developer relations, marketing and channel sales,
Quality Assurance, analytics and operations teams.
● Define and track KPIs as they relate to the payments capabilities of Clover.
● Train local EU sales channels on Clover product capabilities and value proposition.
We need you to have:
● 5-7 years of product management experience in financial technology.
● Significant experience launching products and doing business in the EU.
● Degree in Comp Science, Technology, or Business in related fields. MBA preferred.
● Good knowledge of the payments industry. Experience with EMV, contactless payments,
electronic wallets, loyalty programs, PCI, e-commerce.
● Experience in emerging NEXO payments standards is a plus
● Experience with Agile development methodologies.
● Experience creating and nurturing corporate partnerships.
● Strong verbal and written communications skills.
● Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills.
● An ability to work productively with multiple cultures.
● Capability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions.
● An ability to travel locally and internationally on occasion.
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.