Software Test Engineer
Calling all innovators – find your future at Fiserv.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments, and we move money and information in a way that moves the world. We connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants, and consumers to one another millions of times a day – quickly, reliably, and securely. Any time you swipe your credit card, pay through a mobile app, or withdraw money from the bank, we’re involved. If you want to make an impact on a global scale, come make a difference at Fiserv.
Job TitleSoftware Test Engineer
We're Clover, the largest cloud-based integrated commerce operating system for small and medium businesses. You've probably seen us in your favorite restaurants and shops; we support over 700k merchants worldwide and in 2022 processed over $240 billion card transactions. Clover enables merchants to accept payments, run their business and sell more. Come help us transform the way merchants do business, join Clover.
About the Team:
The Software Test Engineer (STE) role is critical to the business and technology mission of CardConnect. Specifically, the STE will design, implement, execute and report on tests that exercise all aspects of CardConnect application software during development projects and prior to implementation. This testing will include system-level API coverage in advance of user interface deployment. It is expected that these tests will include considerable automation that can be integrated into the overall build and deployment process.
What you will do:
- Review requirements and other project documentation for completeness and testability given project scope and timeline
- Develop, implement and execute appropriate tests within established project schedules so that an understanding of discovered issues vs. goals for deliverable quality can be made known
- Contribute to overall team automation approach by integrating relevant, value-added and well-produced automated tests into the build and deployment of software products
- Communicate and document testing progress, results and other relevant information regarding the testing of application project assignments to peers, leaders and product development teams
- Maintain testing and other process and project-related documentation in response to ongoing improvement and evolution of products and resulting test approach over time
- Establish subject matter knowledge of all aspects regarding our Payment Card processing business logic and merchant onboarding processes and how these are realized in our applications.
What you will need to have:
- Working knowledge of testing web applications that are integrated with SQL and noSQL databases, java-based application servers, queuing service middleware, and internal/external API’s, with the need to perform end to end validation of business processes with multiple verification points
- Experience with test automation of web applications with complex business logic
- Background in automated testing development through Java-based tools (Gauge, Selenium WebDriver)
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues when assembling concise, complete and actionable defect reports
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration Frameworks such as Jenkins and GoCD
What would be nice to Have:
- Software testing professional that contributes to a high level of credibility within the testing team
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude with a focus on team success through collaboration
- ‘Systems Thinker’ who can learn how our applications work, then apply that knowledge in high-value testing engagement on projects
- Must be able to take on the challenge of a fast-paced environment with high rates of change
About Fiserv (our parent company)
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a global fintech leader with 40k+ associates proudly serving clients in more than 100 countries. As a FORTUNE 500 company and receiving FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies award for 11 years, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This role is not eligible to be performed in Colorado, California, Hawaii, New York or Washington.
Please note that salary ranges provided for this role on external job boards are salary estimates made by outside parties and may not be accurate.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
What you should know about us:
Fiserv is a global fintech leader with 40,000-plus (and growing) associates proudly serving clients in more than 100 countries. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a top scorer on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce that reflects our world. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Warning about fake job posts:
Please be aware of fraudulent job postings that are not affiliated with Fiserv. Fraudulent job postings may be used by cyber criminals to target your personally identifiable information and/or to steal money or financial information.
Any communications from a Fiserv representative will come from a legitimate business email address. We will not hire through text message, social media, or email alone, and any interviews will be conducted in person or through a secure video call. We won’t ask you for sensitive information nor will we ask you to pay anything during the hiring process. We also won’t send you a check to cash on Fiserv’s behalf.
If you see suspicious activity or believe that you have been the victim of a job posting scam, you should report it to your local FBI field office or to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center.