Professional, Software Development Engineering
Job Posting: Java Backend Developer
What does a successful Java Backend developer do at Fiserv?
As a Java Backend Developer, you will be a part of a team of hardworking people responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of cutting edge web applications, point-of-sale APIs, and client applications in a fast-paced results-oriented environment. Our Full Stack Developers utilize their Java Server Engineering and Web Development experience in understanding the constraints and needs of the business to elevate the quality of the output of the entire team over time. They lead by example, prioritize quality, and help define the long-term architecture for the full suite of applications. We are seeking flexible engineers who are not afraid to be involved in product discussions and work with multiple parts of the stack.
What you will do
As a Java Backend developer, you can look forward to-
- Owning one or more of the web services; adding new features, resolving bugs, and refactoring/ improving code base.
- Developing new features, investigating/reproducing/resolving bugs
- Designing and implementing REST APIs for web clients including our web dashboard, and 3rd party apps.
- Being responsible for your merchant-facing services, features from development through deployment, and production monitoring.
- Identifying technical requirements in product meetings and assisting the business team with realistic project planning and feature development.
- Translating product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives.
- Working with the Infrastructure Team to design data models to support large-scale highly available services.
- Working with QA to develop test plans and strategies.
- Writing automated tests for new features and updating existing tests as needed.
- Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a strong product setting.
- Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrumban boards.
- Participating in a regular on call rotation.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
What you will need to have
Basic Qualifications for consideration
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4-10 years of Java development experience.
- Experience with back end server-side development.
- Experience with modern web UI technologies (HTML5, CSS3)
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases
- Experience with API design
- Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as Scrum.
What would be great to have
- Experience with microservices, preferably SpringBoot
- Experience with React and webprogramming
- Experience with a cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud
- Python scripting experience
- Experience writing tests; such as MochaJS and Selenium
- Experience with frontend framework such as React and Ember
- Experience with package management systems, such as NPM, Bower, etc.
- Understanding of build systems: Grunt, Broccoli, etc.
- Previous experience with Cypress framework for automation testing
- Some exposure to CSS precompilers, such as Sass or Less
- Complex API interactions from single page application frontend.
- Experience with microservice based architectures.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us!