Clover - Specialist, Quality Assurance Engineering (SDET)
● Execute integration, system, feature interaction, stress, performance testing for
● Analyze and understand product requirements to enable software test case creation
by participating in requirement gathering & analysis.
● Create and evaluate test cases for accuracy and applicability for products under test.
● Communicate testing progress through creating and maintaining test plans.
● Provide the Squad and all stakeholders with clear and real-time updates regarding
test status, bug status, and overall quality about the product by monitoring failures,
reporting bugs, analyzing & triaging automated tests running in the Continuous
● Find bugs and validate specifications through black box testing techniques (like test
matrices, combination testing, and risk analysis) and gray box testing techniques (like
database querying and source code analysis).
● Work side-by-side with the development team on testing in parallel and automating
tests in the sprints.
● Develop automated tests with the appropriate technologies. Currently, we are using
“UI Automator”(Java) for Android apps. SDET’s will spend most of the time automating
test scenarios for android apps.
is a plus.
● Design and implement tools that improve efficiency in manual testing.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
● BS in an engineering discipline, preferably computer science or engineering, or
equivalent work experience
● Proficient in black box, functional, and user flow testing technique. Have an eagle-eye
for test coverage gaps, false positives or negatives. Constantly raise concerns about
issues you notice, in or out of your area of ownership.
● Have worked on Android platform and have a very good understanding of the mobile
test automation ecosystem.
● Have the ability to write and understand code preferably in Java for Android mobile
● Experience with software development tools (IDE, debugger, git, JIRA, etc).
● Basic shell scripting skills (commands like grep, cut, sed, sort, wget, etc.)
● Familiarity with JSON objects, SQL queries, data structures, Android tools (ADB, DDMS,
Monkey, Memory Analyzer, etc.), log file analysis, etc.
● Have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in writing reliable and maintainable
● Love’s to build tools that will enable the engineering team to write tests more easily.
● Constantly looking for better solutions to bring down automation flakiness and
increase automation reliability over time.
● Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test our
products. Constantly thinking ahead and building for future changes in an ever-
changing mobile ecosystem.