Clover- Release Engineering - Advisor I
Calling all innovators – find your future at Fiserv.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments, and we move money and information in a way that moves the world. We connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants, and consumers to one another millions of times a day – quickly, reliably, and securely. Any time you swipe your credit card, pay through a mobile app, or withdraw money from the bank, we’re involved. If you want to make an impact on a global scale, come make a difference at Fiserv.
Job TitleClover- Release Engineering - Advisor I
Job Posting Title : Release Manager (RM)
What does a successful RM do at Fiserv ?
- Release orchestration; scheduling, planning, and controlling the software's development and delivery process.
- Release the software after completion of stage testing and deployment, and work closely with the application development team, testing team, and production team.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Work on DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, Gerrit, Phabricator or Puppet
- Work on Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CD/CI) pipelines and the ability to use application-release automation (ARA) tools.
- Deployments to Stage and Sandbox Environment
- Deployment to Production Environment
- Setting up configurations and application rollouts
- Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Communicate release progress through creating and maintaining plans.
- Provide the Squad and all stakeholders with clear and real-time updates regarding release, validation status and overall quality about the product by monitoring failures
- Design and implement tools that improve efficiency in release rollouts.
What you will do:
- Manage the technical software release workflows end-to-end through collaboration with technical architects & leads, product owners, infrastructure support, QA, and external teams.
- Identify and facilitate efficiency improvements in the release process.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time with minimal service disruptions.
- Communicate and supervise the release schedule for all applications in conjunction with the maintenance of a release calendar.
- Manage risks and resolve issues related to release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Conduct release readiness reviews and milestone reviews.
- Maintain a release repository containing key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Represent the project team in weekly Change-Advisor Board (CAB) status meetings with information about release scope and/or impact.
- Advise software development and quality assurance (QA) teams on source control usage.
- Mentor junior staff, as necessary, working on all phases of the application development lifecycle.
- Research and work with other technical analysts and administrators to implement new configuration management methodologies, processes, and procedures
What you will need to have:
- Bachelors or Masters STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math), or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience with a Bachelors STEM major.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Release Manager working with technical teams developing software solutions.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, Gerrit, Phabricator or Puppet.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and quality control practices.
- Experience and training with project management practices, frameworks, and methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Waterfall).
- Experience with environment management, release management, code versioning, deployment methodologies, DevOps practices, and CI/CD tools.
- Experience in developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Experience with database design concepts and use of SQL.
- Thorough knowledge of software development lifecycle, especially scrum
- Experience with API and Web Services (REST/SOAP).
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes to software development practices and procedures.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients
What would be great to have:
- Experience with Continuous Integration process and tools (GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, RunDeck).
- Experience with monitoring tools like Grafana, Datadog, wavefront etc.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
What you should know about us:
Fiserv is a global fintech leader with 40,000-plus (and growing) associates proudly serving clients in more than 100 countries. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a top scorer on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Warning about fake job posts:
Please be aware of fraudulent job postings that are not affiliated with Fiserv. Fraudulent job postings may be used by cyber criminals to target your personally identifiable information and/or to steal money or financial information.
Any communications from a Fiserv representative will come from a legitimate business email address. We will not hire through text message, social media, or email alone, and any interviews will be conducted in person or through a secure video call. We won’t ask you for sensitive information nor will we ask you to pay anything during the hiring process. We also won’t send you a check to cash on Fiserv’s behalf.
If you see suspicious activity or believe that you have been the victim of a job posting scam, you should report it to your local law enforcement.