The Relationship Manager is the lead relationship person providing strategic and consultative management for a portfolio of existing clients. As the strategic advisor to the client, this individual is required to have an in-depth understanding of the clients business, goals, strategies and industry trends and directions. This role is focused on helping clients grow their business leading large, multi-disciplined project and sales teams, and integrating a broad set of business development initiatives in complex client environments.
• Generates new demand, revenue, profit margin and retention for Fiserv with assigned mix of current clients.
• Conducts regular cadence of communication with the client at all levels and disciplines by effectively articulating the Fiserv value propositions.
• Often lead multiple initiatives concurrently, potentially in different distribution models, in a manner that will identify and execute to close new sales opportunities following Fiserv’s sales process methodology.
• Needs to be a great planner – have a plan, work the plan, re-evaluate the plan on an ongoing basis and revise it as necessary. Leads and develops an account strategy using clients growth plans, budget and project timelines.
• Insures proactive accountability to the client leading to enhanced client experience and retention. Be able to elevate and bring to closure client issues quickly and effectively with a sense of urgency.
• Must be able to work in a virtual team setting to coordinate the appropriate resources to meet varying client requirements. This will include product specialists, solution consultants and service sales to generate new business opportunities and greater share of wallet with the client. Collaborates across the organization to ensure client needs are being met.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 5 year’s sales related experience preferred
• 3 - 5+ years of experience in sales and/or relationship management functions with successful demonstrated performance against quota assignments for multiple years
• Possess a fundamental understanding of solution selling. Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships at a very senior level with clients gaining trusted advisor status
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Background in a majority of these areas is preferred: banking, card processing, merchant processing, check services, prepaid and alternative payments.
• Prior experience of successfully working in a dynamic, matrix environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Travel required: Approximately 0-10%
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.