Staff Site Reliability Engineer
What does an outstanding Senior Site Reliability Engineer do?
You will be a key contributor in forming the team’s technical strategy and aligning the team and partners with it. You'll initiate large projects with sophisticated architecture, breaking them down to logical modules so that other engineers can be utilized. Working frequently with other teams, you will coordinate significant changes to cross-system architectures, influencing upstream or downstream for the most efficient solutions. Do you have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communications skills and a sense of ownership and drive? We want to hear from you!
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with engineering teams to propose features that solve recurring patterns of customer complaints
- Design and implement scalable, secure, distributed, fault tolerant systems that satisfy sophisticated requirements.
- Support services before they go live, through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and tracking availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by suggesting changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today!
At Clover, we deliver the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives one transaction at a time.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in designing, analyzing, scaling and fixing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience coding in Java, Go, Python, or Ruby
- A love of SLA’s/SLO’s/SLI’s and building amazing monitoring systems
- 5 years of Linux (CentOS) troubleshooting and securing
- Experience with a variety of Cloud technologies
- Willingness to be part of on-call rotations
- Experience with large scale OLTP and OLAP deployments
- 8+ years with any of the following: Puppet (or Chef),mySQL / PostgreSQL Admin, RDBMS / SQL / DDL / DML, Terraform, Encryption/certs/security, HAProxy, Nginx, TCP/IP, Telegraf/ DataDog/ Graphana ,YAML / XML, and ELK stack.
- +5yrs in a startup environment
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBTQ+)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.