Software Engineering Manager
What does an exceptional Software Engineering Manager do?
We’re looking for Software Engineering Manager to lead our teams and deliver solutions from design through development, deployment into production, and operational support across existing and expanding regions. To keep pace with our remarkable growth, your team will improve and enhance our merchant boarding platform to support Clover's Global OmniCommerce initiative.
Clover Partner Tools and Integration engineering focuses on building software solutions that allow our partners and channels to be successful in delivering Clover POS solutions to small and medium businesses. As the manager of our Merchant Lifecycle team, your squad will be delivering an microservice-based architecture to allow distributed engineering teams to develop and deploy merchant boarding solutions around the world.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that includes cloud-enabled POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, within an ecosystem over 500 applications. The Clover platform delivers solutions that scale from small businesses to sport and entertain venues globally, supporting millions of payment transactions daily.
As the Software Engineering Manager, you can look forward to:
- Leading a team of 4-6 engineers and manage their deliverables, execution, and career growth through mentoring and coaching.
- Being responsible for the end-to-end delivery of features in support of the Clover product and platform.
- Ensuring that we are keeping pace with the technology that balances delivering solutions efficiently and creating a technically challenging and fun development environment.
- Working cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, Quality, Operations and Product Operation, and Customer Support, define roadmaps and schedules and deliver high-quality solutions for our clients and partners.
- Ensuring a high level of technical quality by driving architectural decisions and leading code reviews with your team.
- Partnering with HR in identifying and onboarding engineering talent as we continue to grow.
- Preparing and reviewing technical designs, code reviews, and delivery of high-quality architecture.
- Accessing risks based on product complexity, resource and/or timeline constraints.
- Maintaining relationships with internal & external partners during the implementation process to ensure that any critical issues are promptly addressed.
- Working with cross-functional teams to deliver customer-facing products
- Providing inspiration and guidance to the growing team; foster a culture of transparency, collaboration and innovation.
- Establishing department standards and procedures, recommending efficient ways to ensure the best implementation practices of new or upgraded products.
- Displaying strong verbal and written communication, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, related discipline in Computer Science and/or Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Java development as an individual contributor.
- 2+ years of experience as a People Leader managing small to midsize teams.
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases
- Experience with RESTful APIs callable by web application frameworks like React
- Building distributed, service oriented, microservices-style and cloud-based application architectures.
- Related banking industry experience in platforms, banking applications, or online financial solutions.
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran