Software Engineer, Staff
What does an exceptional Software Developer Staff do?
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering team building applications that transform the way merchants run and manage their business. As a Software Developer Staff, you will play a critical role in producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label printers and barcode scanners.
In this role you will contribute to all aspects of project delivery with specific focus on the development of new features and enhancements to our products.
You will be required to respond to occasional requests for additional off-hour work in the event of an emergency client incident or critical business need.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- At least 8 years of experience with Java and Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience designing, developing, delivering, and supporting critical business applications
- Ability and desire to serve as the technical expert for code modules or subsystems
- Experience leading cross-team system integration architectures, and driving these architectures through to implementation and deployment
- Create process improvements and workflow to facilitate problem resolution with speed and accuracy
- Solid familiarity with security domain components around Authentication, Authorization, Non-Repudiation, Delegation, and Auditing
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to gather requirements
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve application issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail
- Mastery of Java programming language
- Understanding of Relational databases (preferably MySQL), ability to write efficient SQL queries including multi-table joins, experience with JDBC
- Experience developing REST web services, using JSON and/or XML for structured data representation
- Experience with JUnit,TestNG, or other Java-based test frameworks
- Experience with Agile (preferably SCRUM) software development methodology, and rapid develop/test/deploy cycle via Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Software version control, preferably Git
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required.
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Experience with Spring Boot micro service framework
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform computing services
- Comfortable with Python programming language
- Understanding of TLS/SSL and certificate management
- Experience in banking or financial services industries
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.