Software Engineer II
What does a Senior Android Engineer do?
You will contribute to the overall architecture processing billions of dollars in Gross Payment Volumes, this person will also help scale the team through mentorship and solid software design principles. The bulk of this Engineer’s time will be spent in a substantial multi-repo Android environment: this person should be eager to design and debug across numerous technology boundaries from an embedded RTOS performing secure contactless communications, through android and into the cloud over mutual TLS.
As a Senior Android Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Collaborating with Product Development, UX Designers, and QA to build quality products; including resolving complex technical issues related to projects.
- Our Android Engineers are highly capable problem solvers that are detail-oriented and self-driven. You are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where requirements are constantly changing.
- Your code will be deployed to production to hundreds of thousands of devices in weeks, not months.
- Participating in regular Hackathons where you can showcase your innovation, highlight current skills or stretch yourself to learn new skills.
- Use your extensive knowledge and experience related to Android application architecture and uses it to develop high-quality Android client applications that provides best in class payment flow experience for customers.
- Identify the root cause of problems; identify and implement solutions to these. Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability for the team. Tackle problems in a manner which is re-usable and applicable across multiple projects.
- Build, test, implement and launch the solutions proposed.
- Install, configure, customize, upgrade, support and troubleshoot all technical issues related to on premise and hosted environments for mobile platforms.
- Work with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures within department focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency
- Communicating within your functional team and across Engineering to keep information flowing
- Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
- Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing
- Be a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a strong product setting.
- Work in an agile environment, participating in planning and Scrumban boards.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- 8+ years of experience in Android application and framework development
- Demonstrated experience implementing both Android software design patterns and application architecture.
- Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as Kanban.
- Software Engineering Technical Leadership experience.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline, Gradle/Kotlin DSL’s for building Android applications/libraries
- Experience with server technologies, REST web services, SOA.
- Experience developing in Kotlin.
- Experience working with e-commerce, shopping cart, or payment service gateways.
- Exposure to POS Hardware and/or Software for Clover Station Pro, Mini, Flex or Go.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL Experience using Android devices
- Bachelor’s degree.
Join an engineering team whose SDK’s are used by thousands of merchants and hundreds of integrators around the world generating billions of dollars in transactions a year and used 24 hours a day.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.