Software Engineer II
What does an exceptional Software Engineer II do?
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering team building applications that transform the way merchants run and manage their business. As a Senior Server Software Developer, you will play a critical role in producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label printers and barcode scanners.
This position is in Clover's Merchant Lifecycle Engineering organization. We are responsible for all phases of merchant lifecycle, including new merchant on-boarding, merchant experience configuration, and merchant equipment provisioning. Much of our work involves integrating with other system via network APIs.
As a Software Engineer II, you can look forward to:
In this role you will contribute to all aspects of project development and delivery with specific focus on the development of new features and enhancements to support integration of Fiserv systems to facilitate opening new channels of business.
You will be required to perform production support as part of a regular on-call rotation.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 3+ years of experience with Java and Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience operating and supporting critical business applications
- Ability to translate written requirements into functional and maintainable software
- Ability to work with distributed teams; flexibility to work across time zones
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail
- Technical Requirements:
- Experience with server-side programming in Java (Java 8 or later)
- Experience developing REST web services, and understanding of client tools such as Postman and cURL
- Familiarity with Linux / Unix environments
- Experience with Java test frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG
- Git version control
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience with MySQL and JDBC; experience with JPA, such as Hibernate, is a plus
- Familiarity with Spring Framework and Spring Boot is a plus
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran