Software Engineer (Android)
What does an exceptional Software Engineer (Android) do?
Our Integrated Service Engineers are tasked with improving/expanding our platform and product through the different Clover SDKs. They work closely with the Infrastructure Team and Business Operations Team. Our engineers work in high-performance squads dedicated to customer success and smooth daily operations. We are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where SDK features are released periodically, and bug-fixes are deployed as needed.
In the coming year there will be a focus on scalability. We plan to further grow our semi-integrated partnerships, expand services to deal with multi-site and enterprise merchant management, and ramp existing services up for further global expansion.
We are interested in hiring flexible engineers who are not afraid to be involved in product discussions and work with multiple parts of the stack.
As a Software Engineer (Android), you can look forward to:
- Enhancing the existing APIs to expand capability while maintaining backwards compatibility.
- Implementing Enterprise solutions to REST APIs for high volume and high availability system integrations
- Participating in cross-functional engineering squads to rapidly deliver updates and / or new features.
- Collaborating with other team members through rigorous design coaching and detailed implementation reviews.
- Working with integration partners to duplicate, identify and fix reported problems.
- Coordinating with other SDK teams to keep functionality consistent across languages.
- Working with QA to develop test plans/strategies and facilitate holistic automated test implementation
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Minimum of 2+ years of coding experience in Java
- Passionate about debugging across technology boundaries
- Strong data modeling skills specifically in designing/implementing very large volumes of data.
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Flexible and self-driven
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Mobile platform implementation: Android, iOS.
- Data analysis experience
- Fintech or SaaS experience a big plus
Learn more about Clover:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the “big guys.” At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API’s for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.