Senior Software Developer Engineer in Test, SDET
What does an exceptional Senior Software Developer Engineer in Test do?
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering team building applications that transform the way merchants run and manage their business. As a Senior SDET, you will play a critical role in producing quality, reliable, and scalable applications to support our Clover product. With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions, access reports on a dashboard remotely and handle their inventory through a single solution. The Clover product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label printers and barcode scanners.
This position is in Clover's Merchant Lifecycle Engineering organization. We are responsible for all phases of merchant lifecycle, including new merchant on-boarding, merchant experience configuration, and merchant equipment provisioning. Much of our work involves integrating with other system via network APIs.
In this role you will be the lead proponent for product quality on the engineering team. You will be responsible for developing automated tests, executing manual tests, introducing test methodologies and frameworks to the project, and defining test cases for the product.
You will be required to perform production support as part of a regular on-call rotation.
- Experience with Object Oriented programming in Java (Java 8 or later)
- Experience with MySQL and executing queries
- Experience interfacing with REST web services, using XML and/or JSON for data interchange, and understanding of client tools such as Postman and cURL
- Experience with Java unit test frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG; experience with JMeter functional test framework is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux / Unix environments
- Experience with source code version control, preferably Git
- Knowledge of Web application test frameworks and automation is a plus
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 5+ years of experience in software product development environments, especially in QA/QE roles
- Experience developing test automation in Java-based frameworks
- Experience operating and supporting critical business applications
- Ability to work with cross functional teams, and to translate business requiements into manual and automated test cases
- Ability to work with distributed teams; flexibility to work across timezones
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required.
Who We Are:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
In order to protect our Clover community, Clover requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Clover complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.